Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: News Team.

News Team.

Okay, so I had as an idea to have a monthly news team. They bring news... (Believe it or not.) They could make a topic on every 1st with any recent updates, interviews, move ups, games, etc... I think this would be a pretty cool way to keep members up-to-date and involve members into the site a bit more. It could be a global announcement for 1 week or so...

Re: News Team.

IMO this is all pretty useless. All of this stuff we already know the second it happens, move ups you know about the second they happen if you browse the pivot sections at all, games are pretty much covered by the gaming section, although some new releases don't go mentioned. Updates on the site are made known immediately, and as such you don't need a newsletter to tell you. Interviews could be cool. Overall I think it's something that could work but there's not really too much of a need.

I think that this is a great idea for inactive users. I'll support this.
    [center:j2flar12][/center:j2flar12][center:j2flar12][/center:j2flar12]

Didn't/don't they offer this very thing in Droidz? They highlight the animation of the month, then signature, then write some "reports" and release the whole thing to the public. I don't know if it's still going on as its humour was so dry that I never had the impulse to read another issue.
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

Showing a good animation is a good idea Darky.

Devoted Veteran

This was suggested a while ago if I remember correctly. The only way it'd work is if the people who did it weren't completely retarded. I still like the idea though.

It would be comfort to have a clear view of the month.
    Though whe don't need a signature of the month shit stuff.

I find this a good idea
    | Pivot | Artwork | Youtube |
    DD Achievements:
    Spoiler:

Beginner:
    • 16 august 2008

Intermediate:
    • 9 January 2009

Veteran:
    • 28 June 2010

666 Posts:
    • 3 July 2010

1000 Posts:
    • 12 November 2010

2000 Posts:
    • 30 March 2011

3000 Posts:
    • 25 December 2011

4000 Posts:
    • 19 November 2012

Vip:
    • 15 July 2010
      Special thanks to Arch

Myfiles:
    • 29 October 2010
      Special thanks to Mango

2 Month ban:
    • 16 July 2010
      Special thanks to Skype

I've already proposed the idea. It would be a waste of time. Significant updates are posted in forum updates.

Droidz tried it on a weekly basis doing a very similar sort of thing and we managed to keep it going for about 20 weeks before it started dying. Generally that same thing happens every single time someone tries to resurrect it. It's a good idea and I personally really liked doing it and reading the articles but unless you can get people on board who promise to be extremely dedicated it will die out eventually.

It's also a question of trial and error because when you first make a topic for signing people up you will receive an influx of members wanting to join but you need to be able to distinguish between the members who will actually be dedicated and the ones who will give up after a week - and you can only really do that after you've tried it out a couple of times.

If you want an example of what we did check here. As you can see we managed to refine the layout and things as time went on but organisation became a problem as eventually no one was quite sure who the EIC was and the quality of the articles suffered too.

I would love to see you try it here because DD has shown via the collabs it puts out for example it can cater to deadlines and things but you'll need to be very persistent and organised about it or it won't work out.
    [center:1eu2wiql]
    MSN: tjl_OOO@hotmail.co.uk
    Orange's thread

<3 Bagwa03 <3 Lawn Feed[/center:1eu2wiql]

But what if I actually could find a good team from around 5 dedicated mmmbers, then I think we cold be able to pull this off every month. I think every week is a bit too much, but each month shouldn't be hard to do. What about if I could make a good team and have a trail, so if I'd pull it off correctly it could go in for real?