Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Computer is Flickering

My computer screen is constantly flickering, if you have any suggestions on how to fix this I would be thankful.
    [center:3q2o9iv0]My Youtube Intermediate Thread Freestyle Thread (Used for Rust)[/center:3q2o9iv0]
    [center:3q2o9iv0]"I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying."
    ~ Michael Jordan[/center:3q2o9iv0]
    [center:3q2o9iv0]Wanna 1v1/play? Hit me up!
    XBL: James Fades[/center:3q2o9iv0]

Re: Computer is Flickering

I'd check cables and connections, and if you can get spare cables (or a spare monitor) and try them out, see if it's something with the cables or the monitor. Just mess around with them and see if there's any change, if there is, we can be certain it's a hardware issue (although I'm 80% sure this is a hardware issue). Have you made any changes to the display settings on your computer recently? If so, outline them.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel
    I'd check cables and connections, and if you can get spare cables (or a spare monitor) and try them out, see if it's something with the cables or the monitor. Just mess around with them and see if there's any change, if there is, we can be certain it's a hardware issue (although I'm 80% sure this is a hardware issue). Have you made any changes to the display settings on your computer recently? If so, outline them.
    No, if it helps I'm on a laptop, the only cord I use is the charger cord.
    [center:3q2o9iv0]My Youtube Intermediate Thread Freestyle Thread (Used for Rust)[/center:3q2o9iv0]
    [center:3q2o9iv0]"I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying."

Have you dropped it recently, or has it been dealt with roughly in any way? Try changing screen brightness and see what happens. Have you made any changes to the display, or downloaded any drivers or just anything that could've affected settings in terms of display? I'd confidently say it's a hardware issue, and you'll need to take it into a repair shop, but it's worth checking.

What type of laptop is it? My brother had the same problem and had to get it repaired.

It's a Toshiba and it hasn't been dealt with harshly. I took it to my dad's friend who's a computer whiz and he changed some part in it. But then it started shutting down randomly so we changed it back.

Also I haven't downloaded anything lately that would change the display settings.

My brothers was a toshiba too, it's a common problem with them apparently, my only suggestion is to just take it to wherever you bought it from and get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeBob the 2nd
    It's a Toshiba and it hasn't been dealt with harshly. I took it to my dad's friend who's a computer whiz and he changed some part in it. But then it started shutting down randomly so we changed it back.

Also I haven't downloaded anything lately that would change the display settings.
    So the flickering started after you changed the part back? Is the part in correctly? Firmly in place, all that? I'd get your dads friend to look at it again. It just sounds like a loose connection, or the refresh might not be right, sorry this only just came to mind lol. There should be a setting somewhere that sets the screen refresh rate. Find that setting, and change it until there's no flickering. If flickering persists or you can't find the setting, post back with your OS.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeBob the 2nd

So the flickering started after you changed the part back? Is the part in correctly? Firmly in place, all that? I'd get your dads friend to look at it again. It just sounds like a loose connection, or the refresh might not be right, sorry this only just came to mind lol. There should be a setting somewhere that sets the screen refresh rate. Find that setting, and change it until there's no flickering. If flickering persists or you can't find the setting, post back with your OS.
    No, the flickering was happening before we changed the part, that's why we changed the part, to try to fix it. It did stop, but then it began to shutdown randomly so we changed it back.

Also I did take a look at the refresh rate and it's on 60 hertz, can't put it any higher either.

Ok well I'm pretty confident now it's just a hardware issue, you'll have to get it repaired by a professional most likely.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast