Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Dedicated Member

Window's 7 problem

Small problem but annoy's the shit out of me when I animate, you press ''Enter'' as a hotkey for ''Next frame'' in stykz, but after you press enter or any key for that matter, you cant move your mouse for exactly 3 second's. Same thing happen's no matter what site im on or key I press the same thing happen's.

Please Help.

Re: Window's 7 problem

Update your drivers. If that doesn't work, can you give us a little more information? Like when it started happening, recent changes to your computer. Also test another mouse, and other USB ports.

Dedicated Member

It happen's on every laptop or computer I try. Open window's 7, press and key on the keyboard and move you're mouse. It doesn't move for about 3 second's.

It work's fine on vista and xp though.

Probably worth contacting Ken, the developer of Stykz to see if he can help.

http://www.stykz.net/support/contact.php or PM him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy
    Small problem but annoy's the shit out of me when I animate, you press ''Enter'' as a hotkey for ''Next frame'' in stykz, but after you press enter or any key for that matter, you cant move your mouse for exactly 3 second's. Same thing happen's no matter what site im on or key I press the same thing happen's.

Please Help.
    You can't *move* the mouse, or you can't *use* the mouse? I mean does it actually freeze in place on the screen for three seconds? If so, does the cursor change at all?

Dedicated Member

The cursor doesn't move for three second's. Not only on styks, pivot, dd and every other thing I open the same thing happen's. I press any key on the keyboard, and my cursor freezes.

The cursor doesn't move for three second's. Not only on styks, pivot, dd and every other thing I open the same thing happen's. I press any key on the keyboard, and my cursor freezes.
    This seems to be a problem that is plaguing others as well (I did a bit of web research); it seems to be related to the use of a touchpad/trackpad... are you using one? If so, it may be the Synaptic drivers need to be updated or maybe work around it by using a USB mouse instead of the trackpad... If not, let me know and I'll see if I can find out why...

Dedicated Member

Yep, I do use a touchpad but I dont have a mouse, not even a usb one.

Yep, I do use a touchpad but I dont have a mouse, not even a usb one.
    Sounds like you may need to update your touchpad device drivers, or borrow a mouse from someone and see if the problem goes away. Just my 2 cents...