Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Green screen advice + program tips etc.

Hi all.

Lately my dad got a Sony HD camcorder, it's a neat little thing, and the quality is amazing. I was wondering (as one of the reasons for buying it in the first place), if anyone has ever dabbled at all with green screens and general camera effects?

If so, what would you recommend I do and don't do, programs, techniques and just anything you might know really.

I have Sony Vegas and have fiddled a little and have got a very amateur result so far, I'll be continuing to change things and improve light conditions, creases in the fabric, using Sony Vegas. I'd like to know what other programs people recommend?

Btw I can't get After Effects as my copy of Windows 7 is 32bit, and AE CS5 only supports 64.

Thanks!

Re: Green screen advice + program tips etc.

Why not just CS4 for starters? I mean, yeah, it's nice to be up to date on Adobe's software and all, but CS4 has a lot of the stuff that CS5 has with the exception of a few things.

Anyway, I've used green screens maybe once or twice when I was doing something for my school, there really isn't much to it, but I can suggest that you get some form of After Effects considering it makes editing a hell of a lot easier than Sony Vegas in my opinion. However, if you want to use Vegas to edit green screens and all, I'd suggest looking at tutorials on Youtube such as:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzQ0MhC6 ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3ANgHA9dSs
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

Re: Green screen advice + program tips etc.

I've looked at various tutorials. I can do it on my dads PC, but something messes up with some of my plugins on my system, meaning if I want to delete a certain range of colours, I can't drag a box over those colours. For some reason smaller black boxes appear inside the box I drag, meaning it deletes all colours between, in this case, green, and black. Deleting large parts of my body.

It's a problem, but I'll get around it. Thanks for the reply, I didn't think I'd be getting any.