Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: sound(HELP!!!)

sound(HELP!!!)

Yeah,well I can't get any sound on my computer.
    It was working fine this morning, but i was unistalling some programs so that Counter Strike would run quicker.
    I turned my computer off, just turned it back on, and a message comes up looking for a driver for the audio.
    It doesn't find one.
    BTW, I'm using a laptop so the speakers are built in.
    PLEASE help.

Enthusiast

If it's looking for a driver you must have a sound card, so ask arund your house for all of your computer drivers (ex. there are drivers for your screen, video card, etc.) Try to find your sound card's driver, which is probably on a disc.

and if you knew what kind of card it was you might be able to find a driver no the internet available for download.

[add me @ jjknox@gmail.com]

Haha, my mom had this same exact problem the other day. Here's how to fix it:

EDIT: BEFORE YOU DO THIS: go to the thing I say below and check to see if it says 'no sound driver installed' on the Volume tab. Not quite sure where/when it comes up, just poke around a little. If it says that then go ahead on and do the thing below.

Go to control panel -> Sounds, Speech, and Audio Devices ->Sounds and Audio Devices -> Hardware tab on the popup thing, then uninstall and reinstall the sound driver.

That fixed it for our laptop. If it doesn't work or you don't know what to uninstall and such, ask.

i tried to reinstall it, it said it couldn't find it.
    I don't think it came on a seperate disk or anything, I think it was built into the laptop when they were making it.

I'm just throwing this out there, but seeing as the driver couldn't be found, and you uninstalled alot of stuff for memory, well, maybe you uninstalled your sound drivers?
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

S'Okay now. I downloaded the drivers of the HP website

sx - teh locks