Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Laptop Problems.

Could go in Gaming/Computers but I need help.

After fucking ages of waiting to get the laptop, I finally get it in November 2010, fucking excited until late Feb when Windows crashed, from there everything ran slow till about maybe two or three weeks ago, then about 5 days ago the Graphics software crashed for a few seconds then came back. Now my hard drive is being a little bitch, now I have to back everything up!

I really want some help so this doesn't fuck me over as much as it can, and how I can prevent it from happening again.

Specs:
    Mode: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 cpu Q 720 @ 160GHz 1.60GHz
    Installed Memory (RAM): 4.00GB (2.99GB usable)
    System Type: 32 bit OS

I usually run:
    MSN
    Chrome
    Flash CS5
    Gaming bot
    Notepad
    Windows Media Player
    iTunes

I have Maya software which I can luckily retrieve and Flash is easy to get back.
    I run ESET NOD32 anti virus, for my anti virus software
    I got Maya, Blender, and the Anti Virus software installed by professionals.

Even though I'm going to be talking to those sons of bitches who dub themselves professionals on Friday, I want to get some feedback from you guys so I don't sound like a complete retard at the mercy of those iron hearted bastards.

If you need more information and if the average person doesn't know who to check, can ya let me know?

Also, if anybody is real computer friendly and knows what most of the numbers are and everything, can you help me out so if I made a mistake, I don't make another?

Thanks in advance.
    R.I.P Grace - 18 November 1997 - 14 March 2011

|PM Me |My Thread |Request a Move Up |Report a Rulebreaker |The Rules |

Re: Laptop Problems.

Firstly check if all your drivers are proper. Never forget to do this on a new machine.

Secondly we will need some more important specs like clock rates and other information on how your computer is running. If anything has been overclocked these past few months it could explain the crashing, or if data has already been corrupted then it could explain the rest of it falling suit.

Download this, then press F7 or F6 while in the program and paste your computer's information. That could provide some more detail than "this is an laptop, it are broke"
    [center:15cesajl]I'm gone, but I loved my time here. Thank you all for being such a great community![/center:15cesajl]

Re: Laptop Problems.

I cannot download anything, and I don't really want to turn it on, but if I have to, where do I go to check the speeds? I use Windows 7 by the way.
    R.I.P Grace - 18 November 1997 - 14 March 2011

|PM Me |My Thread |Request a Move Up |Report a Rulebreaker |The Rules |