Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Worst, Monday, EVER

ok. so i downloaded the new windows update for my computer. Then this morning i went on and there was a message saying you do not have genuine windows software and i was completely puzzled since this has never happened before and i DID buy a genuine windows. So i logged in, then it took a frigging long time for the desktop to load up. Then there was an alert saying

|Please restart your computer or read the help and support |
    |manual to figure out how to run it manually |

when i clicked ok the taskbar dissapeared, my wireless connection was terminated and absolutely NOTHING COULD RUN.

yeah, so i thought this would only be a one time thing so i restarted. SAME THING.
    I tried removing the previous windows update i downloaded yesterday but i couldn't since nothing was working and the computer couldn't record any deletions or progress.

IF ANYONE HAS ENCOUNTERED THIS PROBLEM, please tell me how you got through it.

Other info:

The windows update was copied at least 10 times.
    The help manual will NOT RUN
    I was previously using flash mx proffessional 2005 or 2004 whichever YESTERDAY
    I am using an XP
    I have at least 500,000 kbs left
    I did not download ANYTHING other than the windows update.
    Virus scan is scanning all hard drives at this moment.
    --ViruScan found a trojan called bargains.exe

I seriously think that the update is the problem but how to delete it........

IF YOU HELP ME YOU SAVED MY BEDROOM COMPUTER, THANK YOU FOR READING ALL OF THIS.

To be honest, I'm very concerned about that. I probably don't think this will work, but try a system restore if you can get it to run. Is everything still like that; slow log-in, the taskbar is gone, and nothing will run?

i put it in safe mode and nothing could still run, even system restore wouldn't run.
    Something tells me its time to rebuild and never trust microsoft's updates ever again.
    still if anybody has an idea, comment here

Sounds puzzling, I would ask if you downloaded anything you weren't sure of, but it doesn't make any difference now.

Keep trying to get into safe mode to system restore, but if you can't, boot up the windows installation CD and look for some kind of 'repair' function. (I think there's somthing like that on there, it's been a while)
    A lot of times this'll get you working again without losing all your files and settings.

EDIT: Bad news... we don't even have one. Apparently we bought this as a preset machine and XP was already installed. My father does however have one at his office. But his two weeks holiday just started yesterday. =+
    good suggestion though

The only thing I can suggest is contacting Microsoft support line, or take it to your local computer shop for a techican to look at it so he can perform a restore.

my dad is a computer engineer with 15 years experience. The support line sounds like a good idea though.

Anyways i got the computer in safe mode and the windows defender did not work and said that it could not protect your computer like it always does.
    HOWEVER i have virus-scan scanning all drives at this very moment =D. Perhaps it could fix it up.
    If it doesn't i'll try the support line.

My dad said something about the licensing getting mixed up so that might be the problem with the computer not recognising itself as microsoft genuine.

BTW: does a restore involve erasing all files because I have 3 websites being coded for my friend, my cousin, and myself.

:::NEW INFO:::

viruscan found a trojan called bargains.exe

Quote Originally Posted by yadda101
    :::NEW INFO:::

viruscan found a trojan called bargains.exe
    Aha! There's your problem. (duh) As bad as the microsoft support line is, I'm pretty sure they'd know how to get rid of a virus. I tried getting rid of one myself one time and it duplicated itself like a million times, lol. Don't do a damn thing to it until you get someone who knows what they're doing to tell you what to do.
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Quote Originally Posted by yadda101
    my dad is a computer engineer with 15 years experience.
    Then he should be able to evaluate a correct the problem.

Pointless posting here?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast