Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

should I get an Ipod

Ive got soem money in my pocket and i want to spend it im either buying an ipod or good mp3 player or saving some more to buy a good computer.
    I have got a farly good computer right now I jsut would liek to have a second for my room not using mine and my roommates even though he never uses it.

It depends on what kind you want, how much you're going to use it, and wether you'd benefit from the computer more.
    First off, how much do you want to spend? I bought the 30gb video Ipod, and it wasn't cheap, that's for sure.. But I use it all the time, so it's worth what I paid. If you're only planning on using it a few times a week or so, you should go with either the shuffle, nano, or even some other cheaper brand of mp3 player.
    And of course, you need to decide how much you'd use that exrta computer if you got that. I didn't realise until I got a second how much help it is when you want to multi-task, or if you like having friends over for some LAN gaming.

In the end it's all up to you, but hopefully this advice should help you out.

(lol, long post)

lol i have a crappy mp3 player that hold like 50 songs and i use that all the time.
    I would use the computer an ass load cause this one is slow as a bugger some times.

edit: woot 222 posts lol its just a funny number.

hmmm. well you could buy the cheaper version, the nano that can hold... 12 gigs i think. But i think there were reports that they always would crack in half. Or you can buy THE ipod which costs more than an xbox and has about triple digits of gigs.... how many songs do you need on there? if not much then the nano would be a good choice.

TM - triple digits? the biggest iPod I've heard of is the 60 gig model

SA
    Enthusiast

Or you could get an MP4 player. Well worht the money, and I recommend an Archos product.
    I've had mine for over a year and it has never, ever let me down. I'm really impressed. My Archos 420 has 20 gigabyte storage, which is plenty, trust me.
    I have 4 full length movies on there, 10 episodes of Family guy, and 5 other 30 min show clips. I also have about 15+ albums on there too, so you're looking at 300 songs atleast. And it's only 3/4 full.

Not only does it play audio and video. It can be used as a small external harddrive, just simply drag and drop any file, and although the Archos won't know what to do with it, it'll happily sit there.

I really recommend an MP4 Player, because they really do come in handy - Especially when you can't manage to burn a damn DVD onto disk, so instead I convert it, stick it on my Archos and play the film through the TV - Albeit it loses about a tenth of its original quality, but its still very watchable.

My 2 cent- Actually, more like 200 cents : D

Quote Originally Posted by SA
    Or you could get an MP4 player. Well worht the money, and I recommend an Archos product.
    I've had mine for over a year and it has never, ever let me down. I'm really impressed. My Archos 420 has 20 gigabyte storage, which is plenty, trust me.
    I have 4 full length movies on there, 10 episodes of Family guy, and 5 other 30 min show clips. I also have about 15+ albums on there too, so you're looking at 300 songs atleast. And it's only 3/4 full.

Not only does it play audio and video. It can be used as a small external harddrive, just simply drag and drop any file, and although the Archos won't know what to do with it, it'll happily sit there.

I really recommend an MP4 Player, because they really do come in handy - Especially when you can't manage to burn a damn DVD onto disk, so instead I convert it, stick it on my Archos and play the film through the TV - Albeit it loses about a tenth of its original quality, but its still very watchable.

My 2 cent- Actually, more like 200 cents : D
    Thanks S.A. Ill probably do that. see this is why we luvs you.

Fanatic Enthusiast

psp = mp4 player.

you can get external hds for it too, but i think 4 gig is the limit.
    Elite Forgotten

er, well, I think you shouldn't get an iPod. I you should wait until mel gibson is drunk, and get himself to sell your soul to you...or you can just by a ZEN from Creative. Best mp3 player ever.
    I'm gay.

Well for my advise... Don't buy any MP3 player under $50. I got mine for 47 and it was stuffed in under a month. A silver peice of plastic fell of the front, the screen cracked and the packaging was bad too.

60 gig memory? thats amazing! thats more than this laptop! plug it into the laptop, install gta san andreas on it and play it wherever. lol. Would tht work? coz if it does...

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt
    install gta san andreas on it and play it wherever. lol. Would tht work? coz if it does...
    Not without creating a custom operating system for the iPod and basicly re-coding all of GTA from scratch to make it compatible :P
    (and the ipod probably wouldn't have enough processing power to run it anyways)