Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Suggestions

Re: Suggestions

I suggest we delete the huge MyFiles and YouTube buttons and put a little 'YouTube' or 'Collabs' icon on the bar under the logo instead.

I think you should have different areas for sub sub ranks eg.low place, medium hall, high area, borderz zone. Everyone could start in low and a 'sub rank team' could move them up. No-one would have to start again but just be moved into low on the same rank, the 'sub rank team' could then be upgraded to rank team when they're ready.
    [center:23yq8c40]PM me|thread|Freestyle[/center:23yq8c40]
    [center:23yq8c40]Fallen kingdom: 26/1500 frames est. [postponed until I get better movements]
    Juke joint: some where between 200 and 400 frames/????[/center:23yq8c40]

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by animator 0310
    I think you should have different areas for sub sub ranks eg.low place, medium hall, high area, borderz zone. Everyone could start in low and a 'sub rank team' could move them up. No-one would have to start again but just be moved into low on the same rank, the 'sub rank team' could then be upgraded to rank team when they're ready.
    That would make the pivot sections such a cluster fuck. Cool idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogurt
    Quote Originally Posted by animator 0310
    That would make the pivot sections such a cluster fuck. Cool idea though.
    Sorry if arguing with a forum helper is wrong but wouldn't it make all the places less clustered and easier to find you're thread? Also it would make sub ranks more official so things that say 'med beginner+' wouldn't confuse people as much.
    Edit: I think you misunderstood that, the things would be inside the other things eg. when you click inters area then it would come up with inters chat and low, med, high and borderz sections.
    [center:23yq8c40]PM me|thread|Freestyle[/center:23yq8c40]
    [center:23yq8c40]Fallen kingdom: 26/1500 frames est. [postponed until I get better movements]
    Juke joint: some where between 200 and 400 frames/????[/center:23yq8c40]

Veteran Enthusiast

Yeah but for this idea to work, you need to have more rank team members, who are capable of pulling off proper CC. It also creates a lot more work for the staff, organising move ups and such. Because, if what I believe is true, the rank team all vote on move ups. So there would be a lot of time and effort going in to move up people. Med beginner and high beginner are too close. Sometimes people can animate a great animation, high beginner, but they are usually a med beginner. It would be too hard to move people back and forth based on their new stuff. Also, it would be hard to actually implement this change, and as Yogurt said, would clutter to forum a lot. 3 sections per rank, 3 beg, 3 inter, 3 vet, 3 elite. That's a lot of sections.

It may work on paper, but someone's rank is a largely subjective thing. When you get down to such small differences as medium and high of any rank, there would be squabbles. What I think is low intermediate, someone else might think is medium intermediate, and so on. The reason the setup we use works is because each rank is defined enough for 90% of move-ups to be agreed on. Even so, though, move up threads are rarely unanimous.

Neo

Ok, I think we should use the same chat pa have, it would be more active - and it's free - https://blueimp.net/ajax/ - and on the homepage, it tells how many people are in chat, then more people will use it.

Y DUN NO-ONE SAY ANYTHING?

|Pivot|YouTube|Easytoon|Flash|Animation Blog|Want some CC?

Ranks
    Spoiler:
    Intermediate: 11th November 2012

Banned

Sorry if this isn't allowed to bump, but I had a suggestion.

How about we treat the permission to do Name Changes like how the permissions for VIP and MyFiles. We can have members buy the privileges, and we can sometimes give out the privileges at big competitions and stuff.

The Green Boss

Dude, half the forums would absolutely hate that.

Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Neo
    Ok, I think we should use the same chat pa have, it would be more active - and it's free - https://blueimp.net/ajax/ - and on the homepage, it tells how many people are in chat, then more people will use it.

Y DUN NO-ONE SAY ANYTHING?
    The Chat is being upgraded soon, so there's no need for this.

Sorry if this isn't allowed to bump, but I had a suggestion.

How about we treat the permission to do Name Changes like how the permissions for VIP and MyFiles. We can have members buy the privileges, and we can sometimes give out the privileges at big competitions and stuff.
    Not a BAD idea, but very pointless and as Nukem said, a lot of members would hate that.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast