Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Green Boss

A suggestion belongs here right?

Well, I have just started up a youtube channel for my animations, and I was sure that people in the forum would like to subscribe to another members channel, but how would you do this without having to PM everybody? I was thinking of something along the lines of sub 4 sub, like the website, except a topic here in darkdemon. Where people comment on the topic with their links to their channels, which get edited up into the front page, so then people can go to this topic and sub the channels and expect to get a sub back. Darren has been saying that we should get Pivot and Darkdemon more know, so by putting up our animations on youtube is helping, and it will help if the person has more subscribers because then they look better. Also it might encourage other people to make their own channels and post up their own videos. Admins or staff, if you think this is a stupid topic then I guess you can lock this, but I really think some people on the forum would really like something like this.

Banned

Re: A suggestion belongs here right?

i love dat idea Juke! :3

Sounds like a good idea to just have a topic with all the YouTube accounts of the members, with the more popular animators em'd.

A topic for sharing YouTube details would probably be fine, but the point is, surely, to create work that people will find, enjoy, and thus subscribe to "naturally". Such a topic would most likely get filled with "my profiel pls sub 2 it" responses, and there would be no gain but perhaps some unrealistic channel statistics. Sub 4 subbing, in my opinion, is cheap and futile. That's not to say that a thread designed to link budding video makers with similar interests - allowing them to show off their hard-worked-on work - would be impossible. Just, unlikely.

A good idea I suppose, but I use to be a YouTube/Pivot related person. A good way to get noticed is being in a collaboration in my opinion. Oh, I subscribed to you by the way. (;

The Green Boss

Thanks for the feed back guys, instead, I was thinking that you have a list of people's youtube channels on the front page, and to get your channel onto the front page you have to subscribe to every channel there. Then you comment subbed all with your channel link and it gets put on. These sound pretty good but I guess it is unlikely that it would function properly. So we could even have just a topic with a list of people youtube channels?

Quote Originally Posted by Juke
    Thanks for the feed back guys, instead, I was thinking that you have a list of people's youtube channels on the front page, and to get your channel onto the front page you have to subscribe to every channel there. Then you comment subbed all with your channel link and it gets put on. These sound pretty good but I guess it is unlikely that it would function properly. So we could even have just a topic with a list of people youtube channels?
    I agree with Krusty though, the chance of noobs seeing this as an easy promotion of their channel is big and I don't really want to be subscribed to some random noob.

Why make it a necessity to subscribe to everyone before you can share your work? I certainly wouldn't want to subscribe to hoards of people just to show off a 10 second YouTube video. And, the increase in subscribers gains you nothing but fake statistics. Subscribed, perhaps, but interested in and likely to watch your videos? No. You don't gain viewers, just a number on your profile suggests you do. What's the point?

Why would I subscribe to 30 people I don't care about when I can just put my video in one of the chats, or put it in my signature? I just don't think it would work, man. :/

The Green Boss

Yeah, both you guys are right. My main idea was just to have a topic where people can just advertise their channels. We are all a community so it's not really advertising. Just a place where we can find our own users and friends channels. I think that would be great, forget the subscribing thing. So overall, a frontpage with a list of youtube channels going down ie
    Juke and link the channel to the name with the url tags
    Krustalien
    Lympha

You know something like this. What do you guys say? I could create the topic...The only problem is i'm not staff.
    All you would have to do is post the channel link and we could edit it into the front page, and maybe only proper active members could do it. So maybe a post requirement of 500 or stick to the original 200.

I don't really get what you mean with frontpage, how is one supposed to put a topic in the index?
    Anyways, I think a 500 posts requirement could work. It's got to be on alphabetical order though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast