Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Banned

Shutdown Issues....

Okay. I'm pretty annoyed right now.

For the last week and a half, my computer takes almost 10 hours to shutdown! And its affecting my computer greatly. I've been getting blue screens, my msn won't work properly, not respondings everywhere in google chrome, my google chrome profile not running properly, and windows explorer is not functioning error messages.

What do I think has been the cause of this?
    -Hacking
    -My computer sucks
    -That bull**** McAfee Antivirus I got the Sunday of my birthday.

Believe me, i've tried to solve this on my own, but this has gone on long enough!
    Here's what i've tried:
    -Deleting useless files/programs
    -Disk Defragment on my computer, and I even scheduled it to do this everyday.
    -Scheduled scans on my computer everyday by Microsoft Security Essentials, Office Depot Protection, and that B-S. McAfee
    -Some steps I got from this website: http://kjwap.wapka.mobi/site_264.xhtml (Note: I did this this morning, like 50 minutes ago.)

This is ****ing annoying. Now not only is my shutdown time increasing rapidly, but my computer performance...****ed up too..

Can someone help me. PLEASE?

Regards,
    ~TPS

Veteran Enthusiast

Re: Shutdown Issues....

The best thing I could advise is to download Avast. (It's a free antivirus software) I had something similar happening with my laptop, got avast to check through everything and it deleted some shit, laptop started working again.

I think the quickest and most effective solution would be to back up everything you want to keep, and reformat your hard drive.
    what is homo love?

Also, stick to a single antivirus on your system. I have heard that they clash. I doubt that's the cause of your problems, but yeah. Microsoft Security Essentials is as good as any; been using it for ages without a single issue.

I'd agree with Hazzystan. Save anything you want to keep and reformat, or, If you can remember when the problem started, perhaps you could rollback to before the PC started going funky?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Krustalien
    Also, stick to a single antivirus on your system. I have heard that they clash. I doubt that's the cause of your problems, but yeah. Microsoft Security Essentials is as good as any; been using it for ages without a single issue.

I'd agree with Hazzystan. Save anything you want to keep and reformat, or, If you can remember when the problem started, perhaps you could rollback to before the PC started going funky?

Haha Krust, I'd try the System Restore, but my restore points system is a piece of shit. And for now I'm sticking with Microsoft Security Essentials and CCleaner. You guys can lock this topic since it's more or less fixed now.