Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    oxymoron

Laptop/Tablet help

Hello mighty fine gentlemen. I'm starting college in September and my stepdad is willing to give me a tablet or a laptop that I can use, mainly for educational purposes. However, since we're both kind of clueless, I was wondering if you guys have some suggestions? Our limit is roughly around Ä600,-.

All I need is something that is easy to take with me to school (by car/bus), easy to take notes with, has a WiFi connection, works fast and has a lot of GB's. I don't need the newest thing for gaming or anything, just a laptop/tablet that is durable.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Laptop/Tablet help

http://www.ebuyer.com/349740-asus-eee-p ... ch-blk043s

Netbooks are small enough to carry around, have enough space for plenty of notes and stuff and are really pretty cheap. Faaarrr more effective than a tablet.

That one is pretty decent and kinda has the standard specs for Netbooks.

I'm pretty sure all PC's have WiFi connection.

That said, what I would do is buy a mini-laptop, even though this takes some getting used to, it's really nice and portable and in my opinion a lot better than a tablet as it's a real computer which has obviously more options. These don't come with a lot of memory, so I'd recommend you also get so external memory, which shouldn't be a problem, considering a mini-notebook is around Ä300,- tops and you can get like 1TB memory for Ä60,-, say you invest the leftover 300 euro's in external memory (although I doubt that'd be the best thing to do) you'd come out better than you would with any other computer, as external memory is just pretty damn cheap.

oxymoron

Sorry for the late reply guys, but thanks a lot!

Buying a netbook next week, and I'll look into extra memory. I'll just see how it works and stuff first.