Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

I can't do WALKING....

Hey guys, unfortunately I just can't animate walking... In Stykz it looks too slow and unwieldy and in Pivot it looks like people are trying to kick themself in the ass. Is there any way that I could ignore walking and use flying, teleporting, etc.?
    And Jesus said unto them, "And whom do you say that I am?"

They replied, "You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being, the ontological foundation of the context of our very selfhood revealed."

And Jesus replied, "What?"

Re: I can't do WALKING....

There are of course many ways to replace walking, but that's not always the best thing for the animation. I recommend you to watch some tutorials, instead of trying to replace a very important element. Darren's Tutorial starts of with a good walking example.
    If you wanna get a walk that's more up to the standards of today, I recommend you to just download some .PIV-files and study the walks in there.

Next time you need help for such things, check either the Tutorial Section or post a thread in the Help Centre.

Quote Originally Posted by Lympha
    If you wanna get a walk that's more up to the standards of today, I recommend you to just download some .PIV-files and study the walks in there.

It's best to master every aspect of movement; Walking, Running, Jogging, Dancing, Punching and the like. Just like Lympha said, studying from animations submitted by other users is a great way to learn. If you like to study from my walk, feel free to ask for the piv.

Steam

All aboard the Kill la Kill hype train!

Thank you both for the speedy replies.

I think I will just study others' animations and see how they do it.
    Also, I'd like to ask, although DarkDemon seems Pivot-focussed, is it okay to use Stykz? Would I still be ranked and able to do competitions? I just really like Stykz's edit on stage feature.
    I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, I just joined today

They replied, "You are the eschatological manifestation of the ground of our being, the ontological foundation of the context of our very selfhood revealed."

Quote Originally Posted by Fungicide
    Thank you both for the speedy replies.

I think I will just study others' animations and see how they do it.
    Also, I'd like to ask, although DarkDemon seems Pivot-focussed, is it okay to use Stykz? Would I still be ranked and able to do competitions? I just really like Stykz's edit on stage feature.
    I'm sorry if I'm posting in the wrong place, I just joined today
    We have a section for Stykz, which is here, but most competitions, or collaborations are Pivot-only and there isn't a ranking system for the Stykz animations. If you want to get ranked and get more involved with Stykz, I recommend you go to Stykz fora and check that out. It's not quite as active as DarkDemon though, but it's always an option.

Thanks. I think I'll just start using Pivot if Stykz isn't so popular.