Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Fresh Newbie

Can anyone help me with my pivot?

hey guys I make pivot videos and animations but one problem is everything is always so stiff and suckish.. I want it to be smooth and have good flow. But I have good Easing. can anyone give me tips?

Re: Can anyone help me with my pivot?

There are tons of tutorials right here on DD that can help you. If you're a visual learner, I'd suggest finding videos on YouTube or downloading and studying .piv files of Elite and Veteran animators. Try and replicate what they do, and then apply it into you're animations. (I say this because if you copy the movements exactly as it is in the animation, you can't really call it yours.)

Good luck
    See You Space Honkboy...

Fresh Newbie

How did you get good? I still make stiff ;( i suck man ;(

You'll never get better with that attitude. Every time you see an animation that's better than yours, don't think that you suck, but instead remember that EVERY SINGLE animator started out the same way you did. The only way to get as good as them is to practice until you can do walk cycles and fights in your sleep, then practice some more.
    See You Space Honkboy...

Quote Originally Posted by Evo
    There are tons of tutorials right here on DD that can help you. If you're a visual learner, I'd suggest finding videos on YouTube or downloading and studying .piv files of Elite and Veteran animators. Try and replicate what they do, and then apply it into you're animations. (I say this because if you copy the movements exactly as it is in the animation, you can't really call it yours.)

Good luck
    Yeah what evo said, but try not to copy other animators style, be original and most importantly fun dude

Fresh Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Evo
    You'll never get better with that attitude. Every time you see an animation that's better than yours, don't think that you suck, but instead remember that EVERY SINGLE animator started out the same way you did. The only way to get as good as them is to practice until you can do walk cycles and fights in your sleep, then practice some more.

thanks dude i got better now. I think I'm med beginner now

the tuts also helped me I love darkdemon