Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Computer keeps loggin me in on a Temporary Profile

This has inly just started happening, and being the computer nub that I am, I have no idea how to fix it.

Lately when I have been logging into my computer, it has been signing me into a temporary profile, and none of my programs are installed on this profile and I can't access them. I've restarted my computer at least a dozen times, as this has fixed it before, but now it just wont log me into my Administrator profile. How can I fix this without having to wipe my computer?

I should also note that all of my usual programs load in Safe Mode, if that helps at all.
    Xbox Live: SchmittyBoss07 | Steam: SchmittyBoss | 3DS FC: 4141-3049-1601
    Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

Re: Computer keeps loggin me in on a Temporary Profile

Try logging off, manually logging on your main account and deleting your temporary profile.

The thing is, I always manually log in everytime I start up my computer. But now it starts to log me in, and it then says it's Preparing my Desktop, and it logs me into this temporary profile. Also looking at my profiles, the only 2 accounts are the Administrator and a Guest account, and the guest account is turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmitty
    The thing is, I always manually log in everytime I start up my computer. But now it starts to log me in, and it then says it's Preparing my Desktop, and it logs me into this temporary profile. Also looking at my profiles, the only 2 accounts are the Administrator and a Guest account, and the guest account is turned off.
    Isn't Administrator just your main account? Try to edit the settings from there.

Veteran Enthusiast

When you get logged into this account, click start, then where shut down is, click the arrow and then click switch user.

Quote Originally Posted by Blot
    When you get logged into this account, click start, then where shut down is, click the arrow and then click switch user.
    I tried that, but it tells me that I am logged into my Administrator Profile, which is the only profile I have on my PC.

Anyway I restarted my PC and it logged me in normally, but I'm going to leave this open in case anyone has some suggestions that will definitely fix it if it happens again.