Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: small questions

Junior Member ColeRainbowHammer123's Avatar

small questions

Ok...... I think I'm getting the hang of this site now but there are just some question i have about Pivot things:P And plz keep in mind I am still a NOOB

For one: What is a joint?
    Is it an animation made by two or more people or something?

Second: What's a collab?

Third: How would you make a 2 person animation with another person?

And last and most important: How long should my pivot animations be that i post to the site I don't wanna bore people or anything. I am known for long pivots that are kinda bad on youtube check my channel out and see for yourself:http://www.youtube.com/user/ColeRainbowHammer123/videos

Thanks!
    [center:2rmj4aq8][/center:2rmj4aq8]
    [center:2rmj4aq8]PA Thread| DD Thread | Signature Shop[/center:2rmj4aq8]

Re: small questions

Hi there.

A joint is a single animation animated by 2 or more people, yes.

A collab (short for collaboration) is when lots of people animate individual animations, generally sharing a topic or idea, that are then compiled (or "flashed") into a video often put on YouTube.

To have more than one person work on a single pivot animation you need to share the .piv file for it. So, you animate a bit, save it, send the resulting .piv file to your buddy, he animates on the same .piv, he saves and sends it to you, repeat and repeat for as long as you like. As for sending the .piv back and forth, you can do it over software like Skype and msn or you can use a hosting site and PM (personal message) it to your friend. You won't get the PM feature until you have made 10 or more forum posts.

You can animate whatever you want and make your animations as long as you want. As the animator -the creator- you have total freedom over that.

Finally, this sort of thread with questions should go in the help section. I have moved the topic there to keep things clean.

Hope this helps.

Junior Member ColeRainbowHammer123's Avatar

Re: small questions

Quote Originally Posted by Krustalien
    Hi there.

A joint is a single animation animated by 2 or more people, yes.

A collab (short for collaboration) is when lots of people animate individual animations, generally sharing a topic or idea, that are then compiled (or "flashed") into a video often put on YouTube.

To have more than one person work on a single pivot animation you need to share the .piv file for it. So, you animate a bit, save it, send the resulting .piv file to your buddy, he animates on the same .piv, he saves and sends it to you, repeat and repeat for as long as you like. As for sending the .piv back and forth, you can do it over software like Skype and msn or you can use a hosting site and PM (personal message) it to your friend. You won't get the PM feature until you have made 10 or more forum posts.

You can animate whatever you want and make your animations as long as you want. As the animator -the creator- you have total freedom over that.

Finally, this sort of thread with questions should go in the help section. I have moved the topic there to keep things clean.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the info. I just have one more small question though....... I made an awesome animation as a tribute to goku and I wanna put it on here to be ranked but when I try and save it as gif or piv file it says White Stream error and when i try and pull it up it says it isn't compatible with the version of pivot i have but I made it on that version so shouldn't it be compatible? Plz help!!!
    [center:2rmj4aq8][/center:2rmj4aq8]
    [center:2rmj4aq8]PA Thread| DD Thread | Signature Shop[/center:2rmj4aq8]