Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Veteran Enthusiast

Turtle Beaches and music.

Ok i recently got my turtle beaches XL1's to connect to my computer. When I listen to music however, it cuts out half the songs, like I'm listening through one headphone. So a song like Snow by Red Hot Chilli Peppers[youtube:2v6i3oey]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuFI5KSPAt4[/youtube:2v6i3oey] I can barely hear the guitar at the start, then the base guitar kicks in, and I can hear that perfectly.
    Any suggestions of how to fix this? Also I have tried both sides of the headphones singularly and they both work, so it's not that.

Re: Turtle Beaches and music.

Update the drivers for your headphones. They connect via USB don't they? Usually means it's a bit more complex than regular audio jack headphones.

Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    Update the drivers for your headphones. They connect via USB don't they? Usually means it's a bit more complex than regular audio jack headphones.
    USB and audio jack. I had to buy this weird connection that plug into my turtle beaches then into my audio and mic jacks. I'll try that, thanks Skype.
    Edit: Nope, drivers are up to date.

Quote Originally Posted by Blot
    USB and audio jack. I had to buy this weird connection that plug into my turtle beaches then into my audio and mic jacks. I'll try that, thanks Skype.
    How many jacks are on the adapter that you had to buy? How many plugs are on your computer?
    I ask these questions because your adapter might be built to where it allocates the sound to only a certain side. It's like AV-Cables, if you only hook up the Left Audio jack to whatever you have, you aren't going to get the full effect of the sounds as opposed to when you plug both Left and Right in. The song might be in stereo [is it stereo or mono that utilizes each speaker individually?] when the adapter/computer jacks are probably built for mono [again, correct me if I'm wrong].
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Faded
    How many jacks are on the adapter that you had to buy? How many plugs are on your computer?
    I ask these questions because your adapter might be built to where it allocates the sound to only a certain side. It's like AV-Cables, if you only hook up the Left Audio jack to whatever you have, you aren't going to get the full effect of the sounds as opposed to when you plug both Left and Right in. The song might be in stereo [is it stereo or mono that utilizes each speaker individually?] when the adapter/computer jacks are probably built for mono [again, correct me if I'm wrong].
    I'll put some pictures up:

Ok, so this is the original plugs, the av right and left that would normally plug into my tv, they are not plugged in at all: [tn=500:32pdtxp3]http://darkdemon.org/user-files/12555/1348122995.jpg[/tn:32pdtxp3]

This is the headphone and microphone jacks, plugged into my laptop:
    [tn=500:32pdtxp3]http://darkdemon.org/user-files/12555/1348123037.jpg[/tn:32pdtxp3]

This is what connects my turtle beaches to the headphone and microphone jacks:
    [tn=500:32pdtxp3]http://darkdemon.org/user-files/12555/1348123098.jpg[/tn:32pdtxp3]

wasn't exaactly sure how to respond to what you were asking, so i just took photos of the connections

Pictures
    Hm, it's hard to tell if your headset utilizes both speakers with that plug or not. The Red and White plugs are obviously your left and right speakers but again, that's for your TV and it's hard to tell.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.