Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Banned

How to get Minecraft SP to run x64 Java?

Hello.

For the last few weeks in rarely touching minecraft, whenever I did, I'd get an "Out of Memory!!" Error message and quit the game. Well, I detected that I was playing Minecraft SP on Java 32 bit, when I have a x64 OS. I tried downloading and installing x64 Java but it made no difference. I tried uninstalling the x86 version but when I opened Minecraft it gave me an error saying that it was missing some files prior to me uninstalling the x86 version of Java 7. I looked at a few youtube videos but none have helped.

So does anyone have a fix for this?

Regards,
    -TPS

Banned

Re: How to get Minecraft SP to run x64 Java?

Moved to Help/Suggestion Centre.

That means you will have to allocate memory. There is a simpler way to allocate RAM than making a bat file and all that jazz. Anyway, use the MagicLauncher that can be downloaded here. You will see that actually its all for installing mods easily. But its also for allocating RAM, when you downloaded the ML, open settings, and in one of the tabs (i don't remember which one) you will see how much your Minecraft has RAM. if its something like 1024, change it to like 1324 RAM if you have 2 Gigs of RAM. If you have more, add more. Then run MC, it should work.

It is also maybe because you're using an HD texture pack that your computer can't handle.
    im havolis

Banned

What do I do if it's 6 GB of ram? I have a 6 GB Ram harddrive and all so yeah.

Banned

The problem hasn't really gotten fixed. I entered 6144MB (since that = 6GB Ram), and only when I did the test to see if it worked, did it actually work. Otherwise when I opened MinecraftSP without magic launcher it'd still say it's 32 Bit.