Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Minecraft

Minecraft

Ok so i asked my friend for his minecraft c account info and he gave it to me so now we both have access to his premium account. But i want to download minecraft as an entire thing not just the stand alone launcher given on the Minecraft.net website. Does anyone know where i could get a safe full installation?
    Youtube|Thread|Dragons|Twitter|League

This is why you don't let Ninjas play Dodge ball

Re: Minecraft

The launcher automatically downloads all of the files for you (Once you sign in.) It's illegal to distribute any of Mojang's files anyway, so just running the game once is your best bet to get the files.
    See You Space Honkboy...

Quote Originally Posted by Evo
    The launcher automatically downloads all of the files for you (Once you sign in.) It's illegal to distribute any of Mojang's files anyway, so just running the game once is your best bet to get the files.
    Oh ok so where would i find the files once i run it?

If you have Vista or Win 7, just open the start menu and in the search bar, type: "%appdata%" (without quotes.)
    Then a window should pop up with a bunch of folders. Find ".minecraft" (should be the first one.) And those are the files.

If you have Win XP, just open the start menu, press "Run". A small window should pop up. In the text field, type "%appdata%" (without quotes.) then follow the rest of the steps for vista/win7.

Good luck
    See You Space Honkboy...

Quote Originally Posted by TakenChoice
    Ok so i asked my friend for his minecraft c account info and he gave it to me so now we both have access to his premium account. But i want to download minecraft as an entire thing not just the stand alone launcher given on the Minecraft.net website. Does anyone know where i could get a safe full installation?
    The stand-alone launcher is the all the files, Mojang has implemented them into that specific file so when you sign in, as Evo said: you get access to them and the game.

I don't see why you don't just buy the game. If I'm not mistaken, can't only one user for that account be on at a time? I know about offline mode and what not, but I would think that you'd want to play online with him. I mean, the game is not expensive and you are getting all the benefits and updates without having to worry about your friend changing his password on you if he gets mad at you or whatever.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Faded
    If I'm not mistaken, can't only one user for that account be on at a time? I know about offline mode and what not, but I would think that you'd want to play online with him. I mean, the game is not expensive and you are getting all the benefits and updates without having to worry about your friend changing his password on you if he gets mad at you or whatever.
    Two people can play online with the same account, just not on the same server.

But yeah, I'd recommend getting your own account.
    See You Space Honkboy...

Banned

You do realize you can download Minecraft and make your own account by just downloading minecraft at minecraft.net right?

Quote Originally Posted by thepivotstudent
    You do realize you can download Minecraft and make your own account by just downloading minecraft at minecraft.net right?
    What are you trying to say? This isn't helpful at all.
    See You Space Honkboy...

Quote Originally Posted by thepivotstudent
    You need to purchase the game though.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

OK thank you guys i found the folder. As for having the game myself i honestly would have already if i could but i don't get any money of my own so i am at the mercy of my parents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast