Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Banned

Can Fraps record Pivot?

Hey,

Uhm, I tried recording myself animating with Fraps the other night, and uhm, I don't get the same signal as when I'm recording me playing Minecraft with Fraps. So, can Fraps actually record me animating Pivot?

Regards,
    ~CN-

Big Boss

Re: Can Fraps record Pivot?

Moved to Help/Suggestion.

Fraps records DirectX and OpenGL programs like video games. Pivot isn't a video game, nor is it the aforementioned APIs. Try something like Camstudio where you can select an area of your screen to record. You may have to fiddle with some settings to ensure good quality and audio, but it's a lightweight application that I've found pretty good to use.

Neo

Quote Originally Posted by Nice Pants

Fraps records DirectX and OpenGL programs like video games. Pivot isn't a video game, nor is it the aforementioned APIs. Try something like Camstudio where you can select an area of your screen to record. You may have to fiddle with some settings to ensure good quality and audio, but it's a lightweight application that I've found pretty good to use.
    Yeah, but if you can afford, or want to buy something better, I recommend camtasia studio, warning, it costs $72.

|Pivot|YouTube|Easytoon|Flash|Animation Blog|Want some CC?

Ranks
    Spoiler:
    Intermediate: 11th November 2012

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Neo
    Quote Originally Posted by Nice Pants

Yeah, but if you can afford, or want to buy something better, I recommend camtasia studio, warning, it costs $72.
    Wouldn't hypercam be a good software as well?

http://www.bbsoftware.co.uk/BBFlashBack_FreePlayer.aspx

It's free and can record in hd. It's what I used for my pivot video tutorials. If you need help with what settings to use just PM me.
    "An expensive watch will never buy you more time" theminimalists
    PM for CC - My Thread - Reference Collection - Forum Rules

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pyro Mecha
    http://www.bbsoftware.co.uk/BBFlashBack_FreePlayer.aspx

It's free and can record in hd. It's what I used for my pivot video tutorials. If you need help with what settings to use just PM me.

Thank you for the help and suggestion. I did end up getting Camstasia, but for now i'm going to use the trial. My mom said that by the end of the month that' i'd have the full legit copy. Thanks for the help. But in case something doesnt work out I'll be sure to come back to your suggestion and or hypercam 2.

Regards,
    ~CN-

You can actually use Fraps to record your desktop, and not only games. There should be an option to enable it recording Aero peek or something (provided you have win7). I don't remember quite how it was done, but I remember doing it.
    Behaviorally Related Neural Plasticity in the Arthropod Optic Lobes

tumblr | last.fm

Devoted Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Strider
    You can actually use Fraps to record your desktop, and not only games. There should be an option to enable it recording Aero peek or something (provided you have win7). I don't remember quite how it was done, but I remember doing it.
    You're a naughty little critter, Strider. Don't bump things or I'ma bite you.