Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

Question about VIP and MyFiles purchase.

Hello,

Uhm, I know the store is closed for VIP and MyFiles permissions, but since staff has the codes AND since it's operated by PayPal, couldn't it be done even with the store closed?

I mean, say Person A is a member, and Person B is a Staff. If the staff has a paypal account and the member does as well, couldn't Person A send the money for whichever permission they want and the Staff PM them the code(s) or just enable them the permissions?

I think this could be done without the store.

Regards,
    ~CN-

Re: Question about VIP and MyFiles purchase.

Nope.

You're gonna have to earn it in contests.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by DaniŽl
    Nope.

You're gonna have to earn it in contests.
    But wouldn't it be more beneficial to continue the purchasing without the store? And we don't have contests every month :c

Trust would be the primary factor. If you mean staff as in someone like a moderator, they won't have access to the ACP. I don't know a lick of coding to understand how the codes are generated and are guaranteed to work when a user enters the code. In a sense, this is not only confusing for the staff who don't know how the codes are properly if they still exist, but it's also confusing for the staff who do know because they have to keep track of everyone who purchased it and who didn't. I said trust was a factor earlier because if you are talking about anyone on the staff having a PayPal; I would think that there would have to be a lot of trust from admin to moderator or whatever it may be for the site owner to see the money since the money for VIP/MyFiles used to pay for the server.

Honestly man, whenever a contest shows up, just do your best to win. Yeah, there may not be many but still.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

I'm probably wrong but I think the store got closed down because they had to pay to keep it running and they had to pay for every sale that went through and it became difficult after Adam left so Chim decided to close it down. Sucks that you can't get it, but hopefully the new website will have VIP and MyFiles.
    R.I.P Grace - 18 November 1997 - 14 March 2011

|PM Me |My Thread |Request a Move Up |Report a Rulebreaker |The Rules |

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Luke
    I'm probably wrong but I think the store got closed down because they had to pay to keep it running and they had to pay for every sale that went through and it became difficult after Adam left so Chim decided to close it down. Sucks that you can't get it, but hopefully the new website will have VIP and MyFiles.

I thought they said because of a coding issue?

The Green Boss

Mollila is obviously not active, therefore he is not paying to keep the webstore up. Chim can't do anything about that. Admins can however, add you into usergroups manually, but that would take to much effort. I'd say the main issue is the paypal account because Mollila owns it and if it were a coding issue, Chimeara can't fix the coding as everything belongs to Mollila.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jukeô
    Mollila is obviously not active, therefore he is not paying to keep the webstore up. Chim can't do anything about that. Admins can however, add you into usergroups manually, but that would take to much effort. I'd say the main issue is the paypal account because Mollila owns it and if it were a coding issue, Chimeara can't fix the coding as everything belongs to Mollila.
    So there cant be a number of posts you need to get to be myfiles/vip? Because I see every other forum has it like that. :/

Veteran Enthusiast

The payment is actually fine, the automated generation process has either stopped working or has reached a limit; I have no idea how the feature is even supported so I can't begin to fix it.

We could process the purchases manually, as account upgrades are merely a few clicks, the issue comes from the fact that as Mika is majority owner the income of the site goes to him first, as he hasn't been online in months there's no reliable way of verifying purchase save altering the bank account details, which is dishonest/criminal.

The idea of giving away VIP/MyFiles for free to something as trivial as post count doesn't gel well and would promote spamming, we give away enough codes in competitions and random/festive give aways each year, I wouldn't like to discredit those who have actually paid for it.

Puddin

Is it possible to change MyFiles to V.I.P ? would be cool if i could do that.
    Or V.I.P member who wants to change V.I.P to MyFiles could just change it with the MyFiles user.
    If that makes sense.

Bad English i know.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast