Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Banned

Can't change the server.properties file?

Hello,

I'm using the new 1.4.6 Craft Bukkit build, and whenever I try changing the Online Mode option in the server.Properties file to false, it changes in the file, but when I load my server and try joining on Minecraft it tells me that User isn't online. I go back to the file and it says Online Mofe = true or it says False like it's supposed to. Is this a bug or something?

Re: Can't change the server.properties file?

I'm no Minecraft Wiz, but I am happy to try my best to give you a hand.

Open a notepad and paste this following code into it;
    @ECHO OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%"
    "JAVA URL HERE" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar craftbukkit-1.4.6-R0.1.jar
    PAUSE
    After that go to Program Files and go to Java/jre7/bin, after that find "Java" and right click on it and select "Properties", find somewhere that says "Location:" and copy the link to the right.
    In this case mine is "C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin"

Also keep note that it's best to update to the latest version of Java, as you know I hate strongly dislike Minecraft, so I don't really need to update. Anyway, where the "JAVA URL HERE" paste whatever is on your clip board and replace it.

Once done, save it as "start.bat", the next thing you'll want to do is copy it into your Minecraft folder.

If that doesn't work then you'll have to go speak with my brother on Skype... He loves that game too much.
    [center:8n4kwpj2][/center:8n4kwpj2]