Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: HELP!

Puddin

HELP!

It's a pc problem.
    So when i start the pc all goes well till the windows 7 home premium title and than it just turns black i don't know why i don't know how to fix it and i thought maybe you guys could help me out please.

The Little Frij

Re: HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by Echo™
    It's a pc problem.
    So when i start the pc all goes well till the windows 7 home premium title and than it just turns black i don't know why i don't know how to fix it and i thought maybe you guys could help me out please.
    Has the problem started recently? Like within a few months? If so then attempt to boot into safe mode, you do this by pressing the F8 key on your keyboard at the windows 7 title screen. You should get a black menu that you navigate using the arrow keys on your keyboard, select Safe mode and press Enter. A lot of text will come on screen, don't worry about it and let it load. Once you are there open your start menu and type in the search bar 'System restore'. A small window will open and it will show you a few dates, select one from before the problem occurred and continue through the program. Your computer will then shut off and restore, it will take up to a few hours so go and do something else while waiting.
    If that does not work then press F8 at start up again and look for something along the lines of 'Repair your computer' or something of the sort. Select that and let it do it's work, it will take a while so you will have to occupy yourself with other things afterwards.
    If that doesn't work then there are two things you can do, but they will require a Windows 7 install disk. Insert the disk into your computer and load it in Safe mode, as I told you to before (I am unsure about this part, but I know basically what happens). A window should load with Windows 7 on it, press the next button and press 'Repair my computer'. Let it do it's work, yadda yadda yadda.
    The last thing you can try is formatting your machine and reinstalling Windows 7, but I wouldn't do this yourself as you can mess up your machine, and I also can't really help with this as I have never had to do it. I hope this helped in some shape or form, as it usually works for me when my computer messes up.

More info/video tutorial:
    [spoiler:kh22tcl2][youtube:kh22tcl2]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JvwwiAegnI[/youtube:kh22tcl2][/spoiler:kh22tcl2]

Re: HELP!

This happened to my laptop with Windows 7 after a failed Windows update.... bascially it stayed at 7% for about 8 hours. You basically need to do what Minfrij said, and you really need to have the Windows 7 installation disc or else it won't work.

If this doesn't work and if Skype doesn't post then you should probably take to a computer repair store
    R.I.P Grace - 18 November 1997 - 14 March 2011

|PM Me |My Thread |Request a Move Up |Report a Rulebreaker |The Rules |