Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Hard Disk Dying

Hard Disk Dying

Does anyone know if there is anything that I can do to give a few days of live to my Hard Disk? In the last few days he have been saying good bye to me, and he keeps a lot of my important stuff. I remember someone saying at my work that there is a way to remove the bad 'parts' of the Disk but it will reduce it max storage size but I didn't gave much attention since I didn't nedded since now. Anyone have ever heard about it or if it really works/worth?
    But I'll buy another Hard Disk anyway, I just want to be sure that I'll be able to move everything from this Disk.
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Hard Disk Dying

I don't know anything about hard drive maintenance, but from what I can pick up it seems as though you don't have your hard drive backed up. I'd recommend purchasing an external hard drive and continually back up the files and things on your computer to it.

Sorry I can't help with the actual problem, just some advice if you haven't already done so.
    v The Thread v

You should provide more information if you want any useful advice. What exactly is happening to make you think that your hard disk is dying?
    what is homo love?

No problem Deimos, thanks anyway

Hazzy the computer of my mate gave him the same message that appeared to me a bit before his HD died, I can't remember exactly what it said but summarizing it said that my Hard Disk have some problem.
    My computer is just freezing randomly, it can freeze while I'm browsing on internet or while I'm rendering, or even just don't freeze at all, and when it happens I have to force the shutdown because the computer can't recover itself.
    I thought that my Local Disk C were the problem since it crash my computer hard but I tried using the Windows Disk Defragmenter to possible find the problem, it actually found some small problems but after repairing the erros it still crashed once. Now I'm afraid that it can be my motherboard...

Quote Originally Posted by Gradus
    No problem Deimos, thanks anyway

Hazzy the computer of my mate gave him the same message that appeared to me a bit before his HD died, I can't remember exactly what it said but summarizing it said that my Hard Disk have some problem.
    My computer is just freezing randomly, it can freeze while I'm browsing on internet or while I'm rendering, or even just don't freeze at all, and when it happens I have to force the shutdown because the computer can't recover itself.
    I thought that my Local Disk C were the problem since it crash my computer hard but I tried using the Windows Disk Defragmenter to possible find the problem, it actually found some small problems but after repairing the erros it still crashed once. Now I'm afraid that it can be my motherboard...
    My fathers lap-top was slow because the disk space was low.If your comp is low then you should clean it up delete things that you don't need or get an external disk thingy.If thats not the problem then i can't help you anymore good luck!