Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    New Lunar Republic Princess Luna's Avatar

New GFX Card or Processor?

I am using a computer from 2007 and, of course, it is unable to run many recent games smoothly. More specifically: Slow loading times sometimes leading to disconnections, low and stuttering FPS. I intend to upgrade only one thing on this computer, and that would be either the processor or the GFX card. Which of the two will be better for gaming? And I intend to spend a maximum of ~$300.

Processor is Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6320 @ 1.86 GHz 1.87 GHz (from 2007, processor never got upgraded)
    GFX card is Radeon HD 5750 (from 2010)

This upgrade is being done just so that this computer will last me another short while; I plan to save up for a new computer after the upgrade is done.

Also, I can't seem to figure out what the motherboard this computer is using.

Spoiler:
    Late-2006 - Started using Pivot.
    6 Apr/2010 - Became intermediate by winning the Best Beginner on DarkDemon contest.
    12 Aug/2011 - Returned to Beginner rank.
    20 Oct/2012 - Returned to DarkDemon.

Re: New GFX Card or Processor?

I'm not an expert on it but I'm pretty sure that the GFX Card is more important, my PC is a i5-2500 3.3Ghz, I was playing Skyrim and my GFX Card were terrible so I was playing in 800x600 (or something around it) with everything in low settings, so I bought a Nvidia GeForce 560ti and I was playing in FullHD in everything at its maximum. This GFX Card costed me 700 Reais more or less 350 dollar.

But be sure to see if the GFX Card is not too big for your Pc, I almost couldn't install my new GFX Card because it's size.