Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Stykz queston

1 Post Lurker

Stykz queston

HI,
    My seventh grade students are creating Stykz animations and we are having a problem - the student cannot see the toolbar at the top of the window. Consequently, we cannot Export the Animation as a Sequence of Jpegs. Any advice?
    Thanks
    Kris Fontes

Attached Images Attached Images

The Green Boss

Re: Stykz queston

Hmm, seems quite strange, I have found a way around it though. If you go to the Commands window located on the right click the plus sign in the bottom left. This will be creating a new button on the commands window. A pop up tab should come up so you can select what the button feature will be. Scroll down and click "Export" and then click ok. Another pop up should come up, this will just be what you want to label the button, then press ok. Then place where you want to put the button, if you need you can extend the length of the window for a place to put the button. When you place the button down unclick the button with the four arrows located at the bottom of the commands window. Then click the Export button you just created and you will be able to save it.
    Hope that helps, anyway if you are using Stykz with students I would suggest using another programme called Pivot. Stykz beat pivot 2 in most ways but the pivot 4 beta has recently come out which is definitely superior in my opinion. The layout is nicer and a lot easier to get around.
    You should even just download it yourself and see what you think, the download page is located here at the bottom of the page.

I just wanted to say that I think that teaching your students animation is great (Y)
    Honestly I would love to see some results or your teaching method.
    | Pivot | Artwork | Youtube |
    DD Achievements:
    Spoiler:

Beginner:
    • 16 august 2008

Intermediate:
    • 9 January 2009

Veteran:
    • 28 June 2010

666 Posts:
    • 3 July 2010

1000 Posts:
    • 12 November 2010

2000 Posts:
    • 30 March 2011

3000 Posts:
    • 25 December 2011

4000 Posts:
    • 19 November 2012

Vip:
    • 15 July 2010
      Special thanks to Arch

Myfiles:
    • 29 October 2010
      Special thanks to Mango

2 Month ban:
    • 16 July 2010
      Special thanks to Skype

Fanatic Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Cavolia
    I just wanted to say that I think that teaching your students animation is great (Y)
    Honestly I would love to see some results or your teaching method.
    Precisely this, i wish i was taught animation at school, it's a great way of expressing ones self.