Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Regarding DDC12

Fanatic Enthusiast

Regarding DDC12

Maybe it would be an idea to tell us when the date for DDC12 being announced will be.
    So, say.. today, you said DDC12 will be officially open as of May 1st, but not make a topic yet.
    Then, people can get animations started if they wish, so we have more of a time boundary without having extensions and having to wait for entries and such.

Another suggestion, inspire people when it comes out, so encourage the community to post inspiring animations they find on Youtube and such, share ideas to help people out.
    I know there's an idea thread but that's so dead, maybe an announcement topic for DDC12 Ideas, what the community would LIKE to see animated, they can submit, and maybe someone will take that idea up.

Just some ideas.

Re: Regarding DDC12

I'd love to animate something for the DDC12
    | Pivot | Artwork | Youtube |
    DD Achievements:
    Spoiler:

Beginner:
    • 16 august 2008

Intermediate:
    • 9 January 2009

Veteran:
    • 28 June 2010

666 Posts:
    • 3 July 2010

1000 Posts:
    • 12 November 2010

2000 Posts:
    • 30 March 2011

3000 Posts:
    • 25 December 2011

4000 Posts:
    • 19 November 2012

Vip:
    • 15 July 2010
      Special thanks to Arch

Myfiles:
    • 29 October 2010
      Special thanks to Mango

2 Month ban:
    • 16 July 2010
      Special thanks to Skype

Veteran Enthusiast

Personally I'd prefer to wait for SvR to be finished and the Pivot 4 Competition to be finished.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Blot
    Personally I'd prefer to wait for SvR to be finished and the Pivot 4 Competition to be finished.
    I'm not saying post DDC12 now, it was an example, of course it'd be a good idea to wait for SvR to finish.

Veteran Enthusiast

Right. I see now. Well as far as I know it hasn't been discussed and probably won't until SvR is done.

Flume

I think its been briefly mentioned, so far this is all I have heard of it through staff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Staff Member
    DDC won't be happening until SvR and Pivot 4 Competition are done, also after Elliott finishes all these new announcements he's planning I reckon.
    So yeah, the less extensions needed for the SvR the less time it will take for the DDC to be announced presumably - Tell the Regs to get on it!

I know I've never been around while a DDC was being organized, but from what I understand there has always been no theme and the same dimensions/aspect ratios for entries. Unless there are rules against starting early I'm not sure why people would need an official announcement to start their entries, considering the collab will be going ahead at one point or another (currently, to my knowledge).