Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Split themes

Split themes

So, I've got a bit of a suggestion and since it has something to do with the whole migration thing, I figured it'd be more appropriate here than the other suggestion forum. Anyhow...

Most of us have probably already noticed the whole controversy regarding this whole site-switch, the poll results show that only a small majority is happy with the changes and I think I've got an idea to satisfy the people who aren't that excited.

First off, we continue to operate with the DarkDemon.org domain, it will have the exact same functions as the Animator.net domain, it just says DarkDemon. Secondly, we have two themes, which should be no problem considering vBulletin is very flexible with switching themes on the site. One has the old DarkDemon lay-out, or at least the best recreation we can make to it. The other theme will be for Animator.net and will look like what it would initially.

With two themes we can both satisfy the nostalgic DarkDemon crowd and have the default theme to be animation related for people who are here for solely animation.

Any thoughts?

Too soon, give it sometime. Initial feedbacks aren't always that positive because peoples are scared of change.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilio View Post
    people are scared of change
    Then please explain to me why Obama has been elected for president twice?

Nah, but I see your point. I think this should still be taken into consideration though.

Veteran Enthusiast

I think that's a good idea.

Reposting what I said in the other thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by Strider View Post
    I highly disagree. We should only have one theme, and it should if at all possible be very close to what we had before. Having multiple themes is both a waste of effort, and completely unnecessary. Everybody was happy with the theme on old DD, I'm sure we can find a theme that everybody will like again.
    Let's just wait until DA gets around to changing the theme to something we all like (which most probably will be something based on old DD).
    Behaviorally Related Neural Plasticity in the Arthropod Optic Lobes

tumblr | last.fm

Raf

If I remember right one of the cool things of vBulletin was that there were a lot of nice themes for it, I may be wrong but If it the case I guess we could at least get some nice theme and mod it a little to fit DD. or just get the old theme back if i is possible and people prefer it.

Edit: http://www.purevb.com/vbulletin-skins/

There are some themes, If you guys like the idea we could find one that we like and do some simple edits. I would be willing to help with the graphic part and logos etc.