Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Forums marked as read

I've noticed that many forums (and individual threads) mark themselves as read, even though I haven't read the new posts in it. I haven't been able to spot what causes them to be marked as read, but it's fairly annoying.
    So, is there any way of knowing when they'll automatically mark themselves as read? And is there a way of preventing it?
    Behaviorally Related Neural Plasticity in the Arthropod Optic Lobes

tumblr | last.fm

it is based on session.

after 60 minutes from the moment when you 1st visit the forum, all threads will considered read.
    this setting is needed for the performance of the forum.

you can use Get Posts -> Today's Posts to list threads for the past 24 hours if you missed the unread posts.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkAdmin View Post
    it is based on session.

after 60 minutes from the moment when you 1st visit the forum, all threads will considered read.
    this setting is needed for the performance of the forum.

you can use Get Posts -> Today's Posts to list threads for the past 24 hours if you missed the unread posts.
    Hey DarkAdmin, While we're talking about posts and such, can you tell me why when I click "My posts" it only brings up like fifteen posts? Also, why does the search feature not seem to work? I can go to a thread and try to search it for any word and sometimes it just wont show results for anything, even words I'm staring right at in the thread.

___
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashed
    tl;dr: The forum is dying, so is pivot

Quote Originally Posted by TheRavenHouse View Post
    Hey DarkAdmin, While we're talking about posts and such, can you tell me why when I click "My posts" it only brings up like fifteen posts? Also, why does the search feature not seem to work? I can go to a thread and try to search it for any word and sometimes it just wont show results for anything, even words I'm staring right at in the thread.
    threads/posts before the migration is not index in this database yet.
    at the moment, only posts after the migration is searchable.
    i am working on to implement indexing of all the past posts to be searchable.