Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Enthusiast
    Bill Clinton’s Closet? Avatar: NOT A PENIS!

Nvidia GeForce 7600?

Well I am looking to upgrade my graphics card so i can play F.E.A.R and others smoother, I am also getting some more RAM. I was just wondering if it was a good choice for gaming? or is it more based for animation?

I was allowed one thing for my B-day that could be any price but it had to be no where over 1k. So i chose a new GFX card. I can get any version but this is the one i looked at.

Sorry if this is the wrong section but i didn't no where else to pit it :/

-Gimper

PS: I might have screwed up or not known what i have typed if i did that please correct me, thanks.

This is my new edit color, do not take it #A89737
    Feel Free to PM if you need help or if you want to talk to the sexiest member on DD *wink*
    ^^^Clickable link to PM me^^^

i preffer the ge force fx 5700 but thats just me.

if you don't have a strict limit on cash, go for the 7800 or 7900 versions, they've got a ton more power and you won't need to upgrade for a while afterwards.

Enthusiast
    Bill Clinton’s Closet? Avatar: NOT A PENIS!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toastmaster
    if you don't have a strict limit on cash, go for the 7800 or 7900 versions, they've got a ton more power and you won't need to upgrade for a while afterwards.
    Well I am looking into it but my dad is paying so i am set at a certain price, i am going to get poser 6 with it so thats arbout 600 dollars alltogether =/

This is my new edit color, do not take it #A89737
    Feel Free to PM if you need help or if you want to talk to the sexiest member on DD *wink*
    ^^^Clickable link to PM me^^^

I'ved used the 7600 in the past very decent card, I ran it on a AMD 4000, 2 GIG of ram, graphics set all up high on battlefield 2.

(off topic, I've found bf2 works crap with just 1GIG ram when testing it 1.5 does however suffice)