Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Enthusiast Razo's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Liek in your bed stabbing your pillow
    Posts
    1,149

    Vista into Window XP

    Well...i got Vista,but i wanted Windows XP better so i can play Soldat,Maple Story,Endorphin,
    and my brother can turn vista into xp,imma loose every thing
    Pivot,Aim,Msn,music...,steam,i dont even have CD Drive to keep my stuff,i only have
    CD Rom,i only have a laptop not a monitor,i have to restart my pivot anim and is kinda
    hard to find the website that i always go to and im also gonna miss all the stks :[
    or maybe...i might quit pivot and never come back i said MAYBE...
    well..ill give you guys a choice...

    Should i change Vista into Windows XP
    or
    Should i just keep vista

  2. #2
    Veteran Enthusiast Highly's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    5,558
    um, eitehr get a CD or a memory stick if it means that much to you. Just switching over and knowingly deleting ALL of your files is plain idiotic.

    There are places where you can temp. store gigs of files for free, so I don't see why you would just get rid of everything.
    I'm gay.

  3. #3
    Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    I am the liquor
    Posts
    5,853
    Highly is right, you have lots of choices.

    You could buy an external hard drive, USB drive, DVD, online file sharing sites or any other form of digital media.

    Everything except the .stk's seems easy to replace. All those things are free and readily available for download. Given the small size of sticks, I recommend making a .zip of them and putting them on rapidshare or something. There's no need going out and buying a $200 hard drive if you're only going to keep a few megabytes of stuff. Plus, you can't save programs for your new OS. You could keep the installers, but as a program installs it initializes itself for your computer, so reformatting it and manually putting the same files back would cause error-city.

    I recommend to go back to XP. At the moment, I can't think of anything in development (aside from brand new games) that won't currently run on XP smoothly. I'm against people who say Vista is bad, but there aren't too many solid reasons to keep it. If you have Vista, might as well hold out a little while.
    [center:16hbm10o]

    He lost all his friends
    He didn't need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

  4. #4
    Veteran Enthusiast Picto's Avatar


    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    All hail the Animal King!? ???
    Posts
    8,037
    Like Matt said, but a small memory stick would do. Its not like Pivot, Soldat and MSN are hard to download.

    For the .stks...Upload the whole folder somewhere and just download >.<.
    [center:13w2rfcr]My Thread (updated 26/1/11!)[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr][/center:13w2rfcr] [center:13w2rfcr]Skype: lucienpicto[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr]Steam: _picto[/center:13w2rfcr]
    Quote Originally Posted by StargateSG
    But tell me, what is homo love?

  5. #5
    Fanatic Enthusiast Cookiegangsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Fucking Your Girl's Pussy :D
    Posts
    3,416
    one word: why?

  6. #6
    Veteran Enthusiast Yadda's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    7,862
    because vista isn't compatible with anything
    vista hogs so much ram it could turn a mediocre gaming rig into a nightmare
    cancel or allow can suck my balls

    xp is better
    vista sucks
    I've been there


  7. #7
    Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar


    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    I am the liquor
    Posts
    5,853
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadda
    because vista isn't compatible with anything
    vista hogs so much ram it could turn a mediocre gaming rig into a nightmare
    cancel or allow can suck my balls

    xp is better
    vista sucks
    I've been there
    Pretty opinionated post. It's not Microsoft's fault that Vista isn't compatible with programs. Vista has a very specific way of running programs, and it's different than XP. If the XP program can't run on Vista, it's the developers job to upgrade their program, not Microsoft's job to upgrade Vista. I can play games at the exact same quality on Vista as in XP on my dad's computer, and it's a $1000 MDG he bought 3 years ago. A computer that old can't run much at all, but it doesn't suffer any more on Vista. Most games that run slow are again, the fault of the developer not the platform.

    Another way to look at the compatibility thing is like this. If Microsoft put Halo 3 on the PS3. They didn't change the code at all, all they did was make it run off a Blu-Ray disc. Chances are, it would be horrible, because the 360 and PS3 don't run the same way at all. Who's fault would it be? Sony for not making their PS3 compatible with everything, or Microsoft for not worrying about converting it?
    [center:16hbm10o]

    He lost all his friends
    He didn&#39;t need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

  8. #8
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Southern Florida, Sarasota
    Posts
    1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadda
    because vista isn't compatible with anything
    vista hogs so much ram it could turn a mediocre gaming rig into a nightmare
    cancel or allow can suck my balls

    xp is better
    vista sucks
    I've been there
    Pretty opinionated post. It's not Microsoft's fault that Vista isn't compatible with programs. Vista has a very specific way of running programs, and it's different than XP. If the XP program can't run on Vista, it's the developers job to upgrade their program, not Microsoft's job to upgrade Vista. I can play games at the exact same quality on Vista as in XP on my dad's computer, and it's a $1000 MDG he bought 3 years ago. A computer that old can't run much at all, but it doesn't suffer any more on Vista. Most games that run slow are again, the fault of the developer not the platform.

    Another way to look at the compatibility thing is like this. If Microsoft put Halo 3 on the PS3. They didn't change the code at all, all they did was make it run off a Blu-Ray disc. Chances are, it would be horrible, because the 360 and PS3 don't run the same way at all. Who's fault would it be? Sony for not making their PS3 compatible with everything, or Microsoft for not worrying about converting it?
    Microsoft.
    Hi.

  9. #9
    Enthusiast

    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Canada :D
    Posts
    1,354
    Quote Originally Posted by Razo
    Soldat,Maple Story,Endorphin,
    Umm......Vista can run Soldat and endorphin.....and maple story sometimes


    but anywho....Just stick with vista....Its not as Horrable as everyone says...at least i dont think so

    if you want xp that bad....which i don't blame you because it is better right now...then get a usb drive...dvd...or whatever.
    [center:2nf8ts7e]Xbl: Killer Noodlez|Psn: Belowxero| Steam: Belowxero94[/center:2nf8ts7e]

  10. #10
    Veteran Enthusiast Yadda's Avatar


    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    7,862
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayon
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt
    Quote Originally Posted by Yadda
    because vista isn't compatible with anything
    vista hogs so much ram it could turn a mediocre gaming rig into a nightmare
    cancel or allow can suck my balls

    xp is better
    vista sucks
    I've been there
    Pretty opinionated post. It's not Microsoft's fault that Vista isn't compatible with programs. Vista has a very specific way of running programs, and it's different than XP. If the XP program can't run on Vista, it's the developers job to upgrade their program, not Microsoft's job to upgrade Vista. I can play games at the exact same quality on Vista as in XP on my dad's computer, and it's a $1000 MDG he bought 3 years ago. A computer that old can't run much at all, but it doesn't suffer any more on Vista. Most games that run slow are again, the fault of the developer not the platform.

    Another way to look at the compatibility thing is like this. If Microsoft put Halo 3 on the PS3. They didn't change the code at all, all they did was make it run off a Blu-Ray disc. Chances are, it would be horrible, because the 360 and PS3 don't run the same way at all. Who's fault would it be? Sony for not making their PS3 compatible with everything, or Microsoft for not worrying about converting it?
    Microsoft.
    Microsoft, I would kill them if they gave halo to sony

    And when I meant by not compatible with anything I mean not compatible with anything. It couldn't run soldat. And it couldn't run far cry.



 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •