Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: >:(

>:(

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/6357/shitol1.png

What's wrong with music these days?

"I like Rock music."
    "wats a rok. iz dat like guitarcore?"

And since I am ignorant to this whole "Core" thing, could someone please enlighten me on it's purpose? And why does every jackass have to make their own fucking "Core" ?
    Why can't music be categorized into "Rock" or"Heavy Metal" and NORMAL things.

Speaking of which, anything under the category of "Heavy Metal" is complete and utter shit these days. I understand it takes a lot of work to make ANY type of music, but there's a problem I find with music lately. It all sounds the fucking same.
    I've listened to about 30 songs by "Heavy Metal" bands, and I couldn't tell if they were all just the same damn file under a different name.
    And even though they have the most shallow shit, they insist on having these poetic fucking titles.

"All who wonder are not lost"
    "Wow, that sounds deep. Let me listen."
    "RAH RAH RAH BRAAAAAGH!!1 BREEEE! BREEEEEE! BRA RAH RAH RAH! *Same guitar solo I heard in the past 20 songs*"

Now I have no problem with you if you like that kind of music. Because most people I know listen to everything I hate. I like every kind of music except modern hip-hop, and modern heavy metal. So i'm not very picky.
    I appreciate bands for how unique their style is, and how hard they must work to make a great song. Even if I don't like a band, I can still admit whether or not they are talented. But with these bands, I can't bring myself to appreciate them at all.

[/Rant over?]

Lol you were using the song Bree Bree as an example weren't you? Yep I love screamo songs but all the core things have to stop. They should just put them all into one group or people should just say they like Punk or screamo or sumthin.

ALSO Nice MS paint.
    [center:1qe2mlqj][/center:1qe2mlqj]
    [center:1qe2mlqj]Steam - ImplodingSmore[/center:1qe2mlqj]

L-Location..like, outside of the computer?
    Yo you forgot the wankers in the band acting like there gods Lol I know what you mean I get sick of the same thing over and over and over again.

Quote Originally Posted by PureBlack
    Lol you were using the song Bree Bree as an example weren't you? Yep I love screamo songs but all the core things have to stop. They should just put them all into one group or people should just say they like Punk or screamo or sumthin.

ALSO Nice MS paint.
    Actually, I just associate that sound with all of those types of songs. Seeing as how every fucking retard in my school insists on doing their horrible impressions with their squeaky prepubescent voices.

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

I hate it too..

All of it manages to sound like shit on top of that..

Don't forget "VomitingPigCore"

Yeah usually I just listen to the song, enjoy it, hum it maybe, and then get fucking over it. I don't usually sing out loud to my friends.
    [center:1qe2mlqj][/center:1qe2mlqj]
    [center:1qe2mlqj]Steam - ImplodingSmore[/center:1qe2mlqj]

Normally I'd call you ignorant but you're not really a musician or anything, so I'll explain it.

Sub genres and classifying certain parts of metal is a necessary procedure that musicians need to go through when talking about music with other musicians. It saves a lot of time. Sub genres have a bad name because people who listen to music but have never played an instrument in their life think they know it all about the different genres. I once heard someone calling atreyu "power metal", which is of course, a dragonforce-esque sound, not metalcore.

Here's an example. I'm talking to another musician and the conversation comes around to writing a certain type of song. We both agree on the following:

- Drums: constant double bass 16ths, european blasts, quad based roll fills
    - Guitars: 200 bpm+ progressions, alternate picking rhythms
    - Vocals: high pitched, upbeat lyrics dealing with fantasy, perseverance and battles
    - We also agree on very long songs, and that keyboard solos and dual guitar solos are a common occurence on an album.

Why bother saying all that when we can type two words: "power metal"?

Sub genres have their uses. It's the retards who don't know how to label music that make sub genres a thing to be hated.

Moral of the story: don't bash things you know nothing about
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

What I got out of that was that people are labeling different genres of music by the instruments they use.

Quote Originally Posted by Baha
    Normally I'd call you ignorant but you're not really a musician or anything, so I'll explain it.

Sub genres and classifying certain parts of metal is a necessary procedure that musicians need to go through when talking about music with other musicians. It saves a lot of time. Sub genres have a bad name because people who listen to music but have never played an instrument in their life think they know it all about the different genres. I once heard someone calling atreyu "power metal", which is of course, a dragonforce-esque sound, not metalcore.

Here's an example. I'm talking to another musician and the conversation comes around to writing a certain type of song. We both agree on the following:

- Drums: constant double bass 16ths, european blasts, quad based roll fills
    - Guitars: 200 bpm+ progressions, alternate picking rhythms
    - Vocals: high pitched, upbeat lyrics dealing with fantasy, perseverance and battles
    - We also agree on very long songs, and that keyboard solos and dual guitar solos are a common occurence on an album.

Why bother saying all that when we can type two words: "power metal"?

Sub genres have their uses. It's the retards who don't know how to label music that make sub genres a thing to be hated.

Moral of the story: don't bash things you know nothing about
    Just the person I was waiting for. Because I know you like most of that music, and you know all about it =P

And you should call me ignorant, because that's what I am. Ignorance is way different than stupidity, so you don't have to spare me insults. Ignorance is just not knowing, which well, I did mention in there that I didn't know :3

But my point about it sounding the same still stands. It sounds the same to ME, at least. I just don't see how it could be considered an art form to make pig noises into a microphone. And i've seen some pretty morbid shit that I could call art.

In after owned.

I once had the guts to pull the whole anti-sub genre in front of Darren. I have the blisters on my ass still.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast