Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Theorize with me for a moment.

DISCLAIMER: Before I go into detail, I want you to know that I realize that this is not the best place to discuss philosophies, life stories, or ANYTHING personal for that matter. I also realize, however, that there are some people here that are over the age of 14, and have a bit of compassion and intelligence. THOSE are the people this thread is directed to. And please, if you are not one of these people, don't waste your time reading anything else in this thread, and please continue doing things that immature children do, whatever that may be.

Now, onto my point. As I sat at the funeral of my dad's best friend yesterday, I began to think. You know, often you hear things like, "Live life to the fullest," or "Live like you were dying," and so on and so forth. But honestly, how often do people actually fully realize the meanings of these statements? Well, I do. If there is one thing I've learned from this experience, it's that life is truly fragile. It can be swept away at a moments notice, and without warning. This thought honestly scares me.

I mean, this guy was only 46 years old, had two kids, a wonderful girlfriend whom he lived with and she also had two kids. And, just like that, an accident caused him to lose his life. It makes me wonder like, honestly, how worth it is it to live your life if things can collapse that quickly? It makes me question having set any ambitious or goals for life, and question even more so the relationships that I have built with people, as well as the ones I continue to build.

Another thing it makes me question: religion. How can someone so caring and compassionate (God, in my case) allow such bad things to happen to such good people? A lot of it just doesn't add up anymore.

This entire situation stirs up a lot of emotion, regret, and questions, none of which I can answer. It just really gets to me. Anyway, to the point, I was wondering what anyone else's thoughts on this were. I mean, do you ever question things like I have lately?

I guess that's really it... I'd like to get some decent feedback on this, and avoid any moronic comments made by said 12 year old children.

Re: Theorize with me for a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ubergamer314
    I mean, this guy was only 46 years old, had two kids, a wonderful girlfriend whom he lived with and also had two kids.

LMFAO
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Baha
    I mean, this guy was only 46 years old, had two kids, a wonderful girlfriend whom he lived with and also had two kids.

LMFAO
    Hilarious... I meant that she also had two kids, none of which were his. Nice going, I figured you of all people would be more mature than that. Way to go.

BOYS WILL BE BOYS EH??

tl;dr.

I'll read what you wrote now.
    [center:1galr654][/center:1galr654]
    [center:1galr654]SOCIALLY AWKWARD ALAN[/center:1galr654]

I just read this... Stephen King book, and it had stated that God is cruel. In the book, this boy's little sister broke her neck having been pushed down the stairs, his mother was taken and later killed, and his father's head was torn to shreds by an eagle's talons, which all incidents involved an evil force.God had helped him and the people to escape and destroy this evil, but God had let the boy's family along with several other people die.
    Somewhere it mentioned, "God just whispers in your ear and sees how it turns out.", or something like that.
    I suppose it's something to think about, even though it's coming from a horror novelist.

Nev
    Veteran Enthusiast

You know the saying 'everything happens for a reason'...

Really, I have nothing important to say..

Quote Originally Posted by Baha

LMFAO
    Hilarious... I meant that she also had two kids, none of which were his. Nice going, I figured you of all people would be more mature than that. Way to go.
    You don't get it, you said "two kids" twice! I find it hilarious that you said that! lmao!
    [center:3qmfvtqh][/center:3qmfvtqh]

Simple minds eh baha..

I see what you mean...But, isnt it better to live the life you have at that moment instead of just saying 'Oh, my life may end in a matter of hours, theres no point doing anything to make my current position/condition/whatever better'...Its sort of why nobody really knows what life is about.

At the god thing; Well, I dont believe in God, but if there is a 'guardian' or something or rather...

'When you do things right, people wont know you've done anything at all'.
    If you dont understand that then blegh.

By the way, 'This is directed at 14-year-olds'...What the hell?
    [center:13w2rfcr]My Thread (updated 26/1/11!)[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr][/center:13w2rfcr] [center:13w2rfcr]Skype: lucienpicto[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr]Steam: _picto[/center:13w2rfcr]
    Quote Originally Posted by StargateSG
    But tell me, what is homo love?

Fanatic Enthusiast

I see what you are upset about but I really don't care about death.
    The thing I worry about is pain, but even then it's only at certain times, like when I'm doing parkour or sparring at Kung-Fu.
    Worrying in death is pointless, once you are gone you go back to what it was like before you were born, literally nothing. You will not remember, feel, see, anything.
    But I guess that's just my opinion.
    Anyway, my solution is, never go outside, buy some cats and forget how to speak English to some degree.
    -FD

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast