Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Dedicated Member

Very dissapointing

I joined Dark Demon 3 years 11 months ago. Back then, I was only 11 (now 14). Yet then, a lot of my posts back then, looking back, were both crudely written, and often sort of spammy and very childish, but people accepted me nonetheless. Now that I'm 14 i'm looking at my old posts from the beginning of my DD life, I am looking at older members and how they reacted.

Which leads me to my point. The disappointing part is what has happened to DD since then. Lots of new, younger people have joined (from what I can tell) and are beginning and succeeding in changing DD completely. No longer can you post an animation, write a well though out post, or do most anything without getting pelted with rude comments unless you're an admin, mod, helper, or some other group out of the lot. Some staff I see now abuse their power by locking every topic that has something that doesn't specifically interest them and I've found that some of the only people I would put trust in are the people I used to know and love in a non-gay way.

And another thing, until recently, if I ever wanted to escape from the daily nonsensical posts in general chat (my old fav. forum) I could go hide in philos- Sorry, "Debate section". It used to be a place where I could find a few topics that would actually make me think, but now it's full of people either whining about 2012 STILL or due to the recent craze, shitting their pants over "a mystical black hole machine". Which is complete bullshit btw. Not gonna happen. Sry crazy people. Now I'm lucky in the "Debate section" If I can find a decent topic with at least 3 coherent and well written sentences. I've had this on my mind for a while but haven't had time to type it all out. I'm sorry everyone who's new, but I had to get this off my chest.

For all tl;dr'ers, I'm basically disappointed about the average IQ of DD getting cut into 1/8ths
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1249588666.gif[/img]

Sig made by Transparent <-- awesome

Re: Very dissapointing

We can't help it, we can't force people to act the way we want them to act. Everybody is different, and you'll have to deal with that.

Yeah, we all grow up and realise how dumb we were back then.
    Sign of maturity.

Devoted Veteran

This is because alot of the newer members have never been in/associated with a forum before.
    If there is something I don't understand, though..I go look for rules/instructions.
    Many of the nubs don't.
    This shows a lack of logic.
    And you're right, alot of people with lower than 150 posts seem completely retarded, but they get the hang of it once they become more experienced.

Enthusiast

You misspelled thought. *pelts with rude comments*
    ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????)

Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by ?Blue_Phoenix?
    This is because alot of the newer members have never been in/associated with a forum before.
    If there is something I don't understand, though..I go look for rules/instructions.
    Many of the nubs don't.
    This shows a lack of logic.
    And you're right, alot of people with lower than 150 posts seem completely retarded, but they get the hang of it once they become more experienced.
    Yes, of course they get a hang of it, but I'm partially talking about the people with 900 posts who still act like they joined yesterday. There are a few people I know who are cool and joined recently (you're one of them) but there are also alot of people who joined early 2007 and act like they're in 3rd grade

Edit: and on another note. our joined dates except for year are 1 day off
    [img]http://**********.com/img/1249588666.gif[/img]

Sig made by Transparent <-- awesome

Devoted Veteran

I know who you're talking about.
    Guys like 'Darkwhatever<Insert numbers here>'.
    He had 600 something posts, and yet he decided to spam the rulebreak thread.
    -.-
    Thankfully he was banned.

Veteran Enthusiast Lt. Longrods's Avatar

Actually when I look back at the older posts there's way more "noob" speak than there is today.

Besides, it sounds like you're just one of those "LOOK AT ME I'M AN OLD MEMBER AND EVERYTHING WAS BETTER IN THE OLD DAYS" guys.

Also, in reply to your "2012" comment: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=38877

People are noobs, they don't realize that they are looked down upon, because no one say, hey newfag, dun tlk liek dis. The only way to solve your "Problem" is either go around and tell every new member (and every member who has been here for a year or so) to not tlk liek dis, or you could ignore it and get on with your life. Just wondering, how many people have been here since last year and talk noob? And since when do staff lock a topic that doesn't interest them?

Oh shit, Brad just owned you.

Enthusiast

Hmm Davo, whatever happened to that one kid..What's his name again.. Hmm... Damon?
    ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????) ????)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast