Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Fanatic Enthusiast

Regarding DDF and my ban.

Hi all, chippy here again. I would like to answer some shit about DDF.

Regarding the screenshot of me in VIP chat saying shit like "OH LETS POST THIS QUOTE
    GUISE!"

Yeah, I did post that. But still, I posted that and asked a friend to take a screenshot.
    Just for our amusement, and to fuck with your heads.

Anyways, I was banned yesterday. But I happen to know some staff and was able to
    get a "un-banned" rank text and be unbanned from DD for about 48 hours. And in that
    time I'm using it to make this post answering questions to DDF.

Questions I SHALL NOT answer.
    ? What is DDF?
    ? How can we get to DDF?
    ? When will DDF be released?
    ? Are you gay?
    ? Is skype awesome?
    ? Can we have a screenshot?

But here is a little bit of information.

DDF is a website add-on the the http://www.darkdemon.org / http://www.darkdemon.co.uk forums.
    It shall include a Pivot Portal, Flash portal, and a story portal.
    It will include a few games, and some special pivot tutorials from some elites
    (They shall remain unnamed as of right now), it will also feature a new
    "DarkDemon Forum Flash Browser" (Also known to VIP's as the DDFFB)
    VIP's are also trying to figure out when DDF will drop, because as of right now
    all we allowed is a certain amount of access for Beta Testing. Some have admitted to
    staff knowing about this since maybe as long as 07 or 08. But most have said they
    got their first sneak peak around the beginning of this year (2009). But back
    to the release date, staff started a thing saying it will drop at one million posts
    and we all assumed so. We don't have a release date as of now. We are also
    limited to only a few pages, because most require certain "codes" to have access.
    Adam said that the "codes" won't be needed for the future, as for now those sections
    will only for be staff/highly respected.

Adam also said that with enough talk with Peter Bone, he has agreed to release the
    full version of pivot 3.2 to DDF Portal users only, so I'm sure you pivot users will look
    foward to that.

I am truly sorry for all of this mix-up, but with enough talk. Adam said I could post
    this, and once my ban is back in effect he said he will consider deleting this post.

Regards, Jacob Chase Lewfer(Chippy The Hippie).

Re: Regarding DDF and my ban.

I have been put on temporary unban as well. Thanks for clearing some of this up Chip.

EDIT: I am editing in my post from page 2, as more people will see it here.

"Hello everyone, I have just now realized why exactly my ban had been lifted. Honestly it surprised me at first seeing as there was no reason, but now I know.

What I was trying to say before I was banned the first time was that there is a way to stop DD from closing. However, a sudden rush of inactivity could occur as most of the staff/VIP members will be migrating over to DDF. Let me elaborate:

Ok, so you know that binned thread of mine? Before my text got removed I was saying that there is indeed a way to keep this forum alive. (It was what I was originally banned for, but Adam is now letting me explain either way.) On the millionth post on a forum, there is a glitch which deletes numerous posts and topics, causing members to leave. DDF is basically the shelter for that. All staff/VIP posts will be saved and moved onto DDF, along with new features for helping to keep the forum alive for it's time. You all who are not vip/staff will remain here with lots of posts deleted. There is a way to save this forum however. On the 25th subforum down (Which is the literature section in this case), there is yet another glitch. When that forum reaches 260 topics, it will trigger the main glitch (The millionth post. The glitch that deletes posts, subforums, etc etc) Now, to prevent this, we must get the exact number of 260 topics in the literature section, on August 7th. If we do NOT have that exact number of topics by that time (Whether it be more or less than 260), the trigger to the millionth post glitch will be activated. This glitch must be done at exactly 12:00 AM, on August 7th.

If someone gets the exact number of 260, here are some guidelines:
    -Must be 349 characters of text
    -Every letter of the alphabet must be included
    -All number (0-9) must be included

I suggest we all stay up late on August 6th, so at 12:00 AM (the exact start of the day, august 7th), so we might have a chance to achieve this. If the post is even 2 minutes or so later/before 12:00 AM, the counter-glitch will not work. Therefore it will trigger the millionth post glitch, and there is nothing we can do to stop it.

If you need me to elaborate more on anything feel free to ask questions."

Fanatic Enthusiast

Sorry, but new rule from now on.

- You may NOT post if you have access to DDF
    - Do NOT post if you do NOT have a question
    - Please do not spam my thread, as this is a serious thread for once.

Thanks,

-Jake

Fanatic Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Crainbolt
    Quote Originally Posted by Chippy the Hippie
    Adam also said that with enough talk with Peter Bone, he has agreed to release the
    full version of pivot 3.2 to DDF Portal users only, so I'm sure you pivot users will look
    foward to that.
    I love this.
    Seriously, e-mail him.

peterbone@pivot.com

Enthusiast

Do not post if asking a question.

I don't get it. Darkdemon closing down has been a rumor. If you confirmed that DDF is merely an add-on to please the constant requests to bring back the portal, is Darkdemon closing down on the millionth post? If so, then DDF would be rendered useless from your classified information. So if all you're saying is true, that means that DD won't be closing???
    LoL Username: Mmmmooooooooo

I see a ban coming up quick.
    [tn=560:1296vzj9]http://www.explosm.net/db/files/Comics/Kris/makeover2.png[/tn:1296vzj9]

Fanatic Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Fail
    Do not post if asking a question.

I don't get it. Darkdemon closing down has been a rumor. If you confirmed that DDF is merely an add-on to please the constant requests to bring back the portal, is Darkdemon closing down on the millionth post? If so, then DDF would be rendered useless from your classified information. So if all you're saying is true, that means that DD won't be closing???

www.darkdemon.org and www.darkdemon.co.uk will have a brief closure, but that is for
    DDF to run faster for the first week. It'll be like a huge update, so downtime should
    be expected.

To be honest I'm growing rather tired of this whole DDF thing.
    I mean it is interesting and all and if it goes ahead it will be great but everyone's really starting to milk it now if you know what I mean.
    [center:1eu2wiql]
    MSN: tjl_OOO@hotmail.co.uk
    Orange's thread

<3 Bagwa03 <3 Lawn Feed[/center:1eu2wiql]

Fanatic Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Orange
    To be honest I'm growing rather tired of this whole DDF thing.
    I mean it is interesting and all and if it goes ahead it will be great but everyone's really starting to milk it now if you know what I mean.
    I know what you mean.

But still, people. Read my second post. Please.

-Jake

Enthusiast

Thank you Chippy. So that means that many VIPs and others have been lying... Or it just got messed up. Because I have heard that DDF will be released two months earlier to VIPs. A whole new forum. All my posts useless. D:. Well it's nice to know that someone can clear this up.
    LoL Username: Mmmmooooooooo

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast