Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Olympic luger gets killed..

I really don't know where to put this. Quite sad. Nodar Kumaritashvili died just hours before the olympics start.
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Daily News
    A Georgian luger has been killed at the Winter Games following a horrific crash on an exceedingly dangerous luge course, a USOC official confirmed Friday afternoon.

Hours before the Opening Ceremony at the Vancouver Games, Nodar Kumaritashvili from the country of Georgia lost control of his sled near the bottom of the swift luge course, crashing at full speed into a metal pole. He was given CPR on the site through a plastic tube, then lifted into an ambulance and rushed to a local hospital as an emergency helicopter hovered above.

Video (Warning!) http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/02/1 ... 60474.html
    [center:2dzq3wup][tn=425:2dzq3wup]http://i.cubeupload.com/Ny2md9.jpg[/tn:2dzq3wup][/center:2dzq3wup]

Re: Olympic luger gets killed..

Well, thats actually quite sad. Just hours before the olympics must of been very tragic.
    [center:313vnxms]DarkIce -> Kultivate -> Xehanort > Ruben -> DarkIce -> ULTRA1337piv0tz[/center:313vnxms]

90mph with only a helmet on? Shit man, these people are fucking crazy.
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

Tim

As the article I was just reading said, this incident is really going to cast a shadow over the games. Apparantly, this is one of the most challenging sled courses out there.

I don't understand what's so tragic about this... Going down an ice course on a specially aero-dynamic sled and reaching 90mph, what do you expect? It's nobody's fault but his own, I'm pretty sure. Even then, doing something as thrilling as that comes with risks.

I'm not trying to be an ass either, but I doubt a lot of people saying it's a tragedy have really thought about it.

Oh, and it has to be said.. that's a pretty terrific way to die. Shame it wasn't instant, though.
    [center:13w2rfcr]My Thread (updated 26/1/11!)[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr][/center:13w2rfcr] [center:13w2rfcr]Skype: lucienpicto[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr]Steam: _picto[/center:13w2rfcr]
    Quote Originally Posted by StargateSG
    But tell me, what is homo love?

Quote Originally Posted by Picto
    Oh, and it has to be said.. that's a pretty terrific way to die. Shame it wasn't instant, though.
    He hit at pillar head first at 90 mph. I'm pretty sure it was near-instant. >_>

Hitting a pillar at 90mph head first, getting your skull crushed in and gushing blood everywhere, and getting multiple bones broken right before your first Olympic game that you have trained almost all your life for is a terrific way to die? Am I missing something here?
    [center:hn9zn80r][/center:hn9zn80r]

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Sniper
    Hitting a pillar at 90mph head first, getting your skull crushed in and gushing blood everywhere, and getting multiple bones broken right before your first Olympic game that you have trained almost all your life for is a terrific way to die? Am I missing something here?
    I think when Picto said "terrific", he meant astounding or memorable. I don't think he was celebrating the athlete's death, more just commenting on it's uniqueness.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim
    Quote Originally Posted by Sniper
    I think when Picto said "terrific", he meant astounding or memorable. I don't think he was celebrating the athlete's death, more just commenting on it's uniqueness.
    Tim explained it perfectly. Something like this makes you go "wow!". If you heard he died of a heart attack, it wouldn't be very impressive.

Oh, and @Signz, I don't think the guy would be using that (I guess) medical instrument on Kumaritashvili if his head was already obliterated :P (I'd be happily proven wrong, mind. Like I said, it's a shame he didn't die instantly)..
    [center:13w2rfcr]My Thread (updated 26/1/11!)[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr][/center:13w2rfcr] [center:13w2rfcr]Skype: lucienpicto[/center:13w2rfcr][center:13w2rfcr]Steam: _picto[/center:13w2rfcr]
    Quote Originally Posted by StargateSG
    But tell me, what is homo love?

Apparently, (this is just what i have heard, im not sure if its correct information or not) He flew off the luge and hit the poles, but he didn't hit his head, he had severe hemorrhaging in his chest and it caused him to bleed out of his mouth and nose. The guy was trying to keep his breathing going and his heart beating while they tried to move him to a hospital but the injuries were to severe to be dealt with. But ye its really sad, i feel bad for the guy. He came to Canada to live his dream or whatever and he ended up dying.

RIP Nodar Kumaritashvili

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast