Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting

Veteran Enthusiast

Hunting

Has anyone been hunting? Or wants to go?
    I haven't been, but I am going. I will be using a .22, but I also want to get a bow and arrow and do it the old fashioned way.

Fanatic Enthusiast

Re: Hunting

I couldn't physically do that to an animal by choice. I'd rather hunt humans.
    Not to say I won't eat animals all damn day, I just don't want to kill them.

Veteran Enthusiast BEER BEER STRONG's Avatar

Boring/shitty hunting experiences incoming

Living in Alberta it's pretty hard not to go hunting by my age. My dad was not an outdoorsman by any stretch and I lived in a city so I never went hunting as a kid. When I went to university though I met a few people who lived in a small town a little outside where I lived, and as I started hanging out with them we started doing random small town shit. My first experience hunting was being drunk in the back of a pickup driving through a field trying to shoot rabbits with a .22. I'm not exactly proud of being that stupid at the time but that was my first experience that could be even compared to "hunting." I don't think I hit anything though (not that I'd know if I did) so I didn't feel bad or anything.

Later I went out a few times and actually tried to hunt rabbits properly with a .22 again. It was hunting in the sense that I wasn't drunk and I wasn't in a vehicle. I did this a few times and killed 4 or 5 rabbits if I remember right. I honestly don't like rabbits at all so I had no real remorse or anything like that.

My last hunting experience was going deer hunting with one of the guys I knew and his dad. His dad had some .308 rifle and I managed to actually get a shot lined up on a deer. It was a (surprisingly) good shot, and I got it right in the lungs and it only went like 30 yards. I didn't really put much thought into it when the trip was planned and as I was going, but I actually felt pretty fucking bad about killing a deer right after I shot it. I've never had any interest in going hunting since then.

tl;dr bambi ended my hunting career

Also bowhunting is fucking hard. Have fun with that.
    [center:16hbm10o]

He lost all his friends
    He didn't need his friends
    He lived with his mother and repeated himself[/center:16hbm10o]

Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by BEER BEER STRONG
    Boring/shitty hunting experiences incoming

Living in Alberta it's pretty hard not to go hunting by my age. My dad was not an outdoorsman by any stretch and I lived in a city so I never went hunting as a kid. When I went to university though I met a few people who lived in a small town a little outside where I lived, and as I started hanging out with them we started doing random small town shit. My first experience hunting was being drunk in the back of a pickup driving through a field trying to shoot rabbits with a .22. I'm not exactly proud of being that stupid at the time but that was my first experience that could be even compared to "hunting." I don't think I hit anything though (not that I'd know if I did) so I didn't feel bad or anything.

Later I went out a few times and actually tried to hunt rabbits properly with a .22 again. It was hunting in the sense that I wasn't drunk and I wasn't in a vehicle. I did this a few times and killed 4 or 5 rabbits if I remember right. I honestly don't like rabbits at all so I had no real remorse or anything like that.

My last hunting experience was going deer hunting with one of the guys I knew and his dad. His dad had some .308 rifle and I managed to actually get a shot lined up on a deer. It was a (surprisingly) good shot, and I got it right in the lungs and it only went like 30 yards. I didn't really put much thought into it when the trip was planned and as I was going, but I actually felt pretty fucking bad about killing a deer right after I shot it. I've never had any interest in going hunting since then.

tl;dr bambi ended my hunting career

Also bowhunting is fucking hard. Have fun with that.
    Yeah I know it is hard, but that's why I want to do it.
    We are hunting rabbits, my mates godfather just bought a 10 achre block to build on and its infested. Rabbits are pests. after that, I will be hunting goat, fox, pig etc. It doesn't bother me to kill an animal if I kill it one shot, rather than have it suffer.

I'd only hunt if I had to survive. Otherwise I see it as a senseless waste of life. Problems such as infestations can be solved in much less violent ways than that. Humane traps, moving them.

Also;

Bunnies are cute; you monsters.

I don't see how killing animals would be fun. I'd probably feel guilty and disgusted.
    | Pivot | Artwork | Youtube |
    DD Achievements:
    Spoiler:

Beginner:
    • 16 august 2008

Intermediate:
    • 9 January 2009

Veteran:
    • 28 June 2010

666 Posts:
    • 3 July 2010

1000 Posts:
    • 12 November 2010

2000 Posts:
    • 30 March 2011

3000 Posts:
    • 25 December 2011

4000 Posts:
    • 19 November 2012

Vip:
    • 15 July 2010
      Special thanks to Arch

Myfiles:
    • 29 October 2010
      Special thanks to Mango

2 Month ban:
    • 16 July 2010
      Special thanks to Skype

Yeah, killing defenceless animals for fun never really appealed to me as a hobby. I guess I don't need to ego boost that comes with dominating the lives of things that are weaker than me.
    what is homo love?

Quote Originally Posted by Kieryn
    I couldn't physically do that to an animal by choice. I'd rather hunt humans.
    Not to say I won't eat animals all damn day, I just don't want to kill them.
    Pretty much this...
    I can never bring myself to kill a defenseless animal.

Quote Originally Posted by Slashed
    Also;

I feel so sorry for that bunny.

Also. I feel sorry for the animals who get hunted by motherfuckers. Any animal. Damn bitches, they should know that animals aren't robots or machines. They're like us, living man.

But i would love to hunt animal hunters. THAT would be fun.
    [spoiler:8o5db2w1]
    POOR ASSHOLES, SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING!!! HUH!?[/spoiler:8o5db2w1]
    im havolis

Veteran Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by .Titanium
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashed
    Also;

I feel so sorry for that bunny.

Also. I feel sorry for the animals who get hunted by motherfuckers. Any animal. Damn bitches, they should know that animals aren't robots or machines. They're like us, living man.

But i would love to hunt animal hunters. THAT would be fun.
    [spoiler:3977o34v]
    POOR ASSHOLES, SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING!!! HUH!?[/spoiler:3977o34v]
    Gotta watch the post dates, so I'm guessing this is getting locked.
    But I'm not leaving the animals alive, like the rhino in that photo, he has been poached, not hunted. I'll be hunting wild rabbits/hare, which are an infestation in my country. They kill off natural flora and fauna, causing an imbalance in the natural life here in Western Australia. I am killing them in a more humane manner than what they do to the local wildlife. And I'm guessing you are going to go ahead and say "it's in their nature to hunt", well it is also in ours. Our ancestors hunted for food and protection. I am hunting for protection, protection of the land and the animals that are local to my country, not introduced to this country by idiots who didn't understand what it would do to the natural habitat of the local fauna. Same goes for cane toads, I'd drive one of them for four with a golf club if they ever reached Perth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast