Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Déjà vu

Fanatic Enthusiast

Déjà vu

Does anyone get it often?
    I've personally never had Déjà vu and don't really understand what it is. I know in theory but because it's never happened to me I find it hard to understand.
    My sister says she gets it every 2-3 days. Anyone have any interesting Déjà vu stories to tell?

Banned

Re: Déjà vu

I get it monthly, if not even weekly.
    So we were prepping for this interesting party thrown by the school's headmaster. Food and drinks were free of charge, guests had just arrived, and I arrived with some wonderful friends that had never drunk beverages or smoked up until that day.
    The party lasted from 6pm to 5am, and I got several Déjà vu feelings throughout it.
    It just felt like I had been living that experience for the 2nd time, but in a twisted way that made me believe I lived past and present at the same time. Interesting.
    To elaborate, I'll begin with saying I had a weird feeling about my friends falling into alcoholic coma that time. I started telling them to stop drinking using the same words I had used in the Déjà vu, and normally, they did not stop because their "love" for the bitter taste of the beer was just big as that. Their situation was soon getting unprincipled as I watched them drink 'til the last sips and bits, of course.
    In the end, my Déjà vu had deemed true; they ended up in alcoholic coma and were transported to the nearest hospital. I was somewhat terrified seeing that, but relieved that I had had the Déjà vu and tried my best to warn them about their deeds.

That would be one of the many major Déjà vus I've yet had. Generally I find them insignificant when they happen weekly, as to referring to minor things such as having a Déjà vu about, let's say, going to bed at exactly 12am.

It's a mish-mash of admixtured thoughts and visions, so it's best not to venture too far out into the scientific side of it. It's hard to understand when or why this happens, so I'll deal with just being fine along with it.

As a kid I got them all the time, they're slowly starting to get less and less though. I'll just throw in the theory I heard about it because it seems to make sense.

You don't know a déjà vu until it's happened, so it's probably an error in the brain process, making you register the same event twice, making it feel like it happened before. You don't know when because of this. Scientists think the reason behind the double registering is because the brain didn't register the event correctly, which would explain you can't remember the time it happened before.

It's just a theory though, sometimes I get dejavus where I can tell someone else: "remember that back then? It's exactly the same as now." And they'll be like: "Wow yeah, déjà vu!" So in that sense either something very similar happens to what has happened before, or your brain makes a registering error.

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

Devoted Veteran

Strange.. I hadn't noticed until now, but I haven't had a bout of Deja Vu in at least a year or two.

Dedicated Member

Yeah its the brain misfiring.
    I get this feeling several times a year that something that i do has happened before.
    I cant really tell any specific event since they are usually pretty insignificant.

I feel like the brain is just sticking current events into both long term memory and short term memory and then gets confused. (pretty much what Caleb said.)
    [center:69ipe3si]
    MY THREAD[/center:69ipe3si]

Fanatic Enthusiast

Apparently there's evidence that it's linked to epileptic fits, so the brain misfiring thing could be true.

Slide

[loh-key-shuhn] n; a place of settlement, activity, or residence

I read somewhere that it was long term and short term memory receptors both firing off at once, and that it's triggered by stress. I could be wrong though, since I don't remember where unheard that. In any case, I get it all the time. Weekly if not bi-weekly.

Veteran Enthusiast

I remember my first experience of deja vu. It's not pleasant, but it has a weird, euphoric sort of high i guess

Big Boss

I haven't had this in a long time, until yesterday. I was talking to Yogurt and it hit me rather hard. I've read somewhere it has something to do with one side of the brain working faster than the other, but I'm no expert! It's just a very odd, uncomfortable feeling.

Banned

I only remember one time I've ever had deja vu. I was like, 5, and I went to the
    store with my parents. I saw my friend there, and could've sworn I had a dream
    in the same exact scenario.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast