Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ℋope

Teens React To Bullying (Amanda Todd)

[youtube:3krtnfv5]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VF6cmddWOgU[/youtube:3krtnfv5]

Re: Teens React To Bullying (Amanda Todd)

[youtube:3ddt78ea]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOHXGNx-E7E[/youtube:3ddt78ea]
    The "Teens React" video doesn't show all "Amanda's footage".

I honestly don't know what to think about this and I've watched the video twice.

First of all, committing suicide doesn't help getting my pity. I've been in tense situations at school where I would be mentally abused and severely physically threatened by people. I got through it without even thinking about suicide. I can't grasp why someone would kill himself.

I was about to call her stupid for getting herself into trouble. But I took a look at the stuff that gotten myself in trouble, and realised there is no real way to oversee the consequences. When you look back on things it's simple to say you've made a mistake but at that moment you actually do it, there is simply NO way of imagining that something so horrible can come from that.

I can imagine how hopeless and horrible she has felt, but suicide is in no way the answer for what happened. Getting into this trouble is not her fault at all, but for comminting suicide, I have to say she was stupid.
    | Pivot | Artwork | Youtube |
    DD Achievements:
    Spoiler:

Beginner:
    • 16 august 2008

Intermediate:
    • 9 January 2009

Veteran:
    • 28 June 2010

666 Posts:
    • 3 July 2010

1000 Posts:
    • 12 November 2010

2000 Posts:
    • 30 March 2011

3000 Posts:
    • 25 December 2011

4000 Posts:
    • 19 November 2012

Vip:
    • 15 July 2010
      Special thanks to Arch

Myfiles:
    • 29 October 2010
      Special thanks to Mango

2 Month ban:
    • 16 July 2010
      Special thanks to Skype

Banned

I think making that video about her struggle was the worst thing she could have done. She was in an unstable state at the time and making this only made her more emotional (it would have played on the back of her mind, and she was bullied for posting it) and prone to suicide.

She made some very bad choices. I can't blame her since she was young but she should have realised that she was going to get bullied for this. I said "should", but there's no changing what happened or the fact that she's no longer with us. I wasn't in her shoes either and I may have done the same if I felt my life was so screwed up.

To be honest the mistakes she made were both verrrrrrrrry stupid decisions, but at the same time. Other teen girls have done exactly the same and more and received nothing close to what she got. Worst part of it is, not only was she treated badly but she couldn't escape it, it followed her everywhere.

I also agree with Joji, in the end posting this video was only a further hindrance to her metal stability.
    Moonlight Road: 210/600

Veteran Enthusiast

I actually researched this, and there was a youtube message sent to someone from a person who knew her. Apparently she marginalized herself from everyone at school, if anyone tried talking to her, she'd tell them to fuck off. It wasn't a group of people beating her up, it was one girl, with two of her friends watching.
    I think she is fucking stupid. Suicide is selfish. And the fact she got more attention then Felix Baumgartner is absurd.
    She wasn't the first person to do this card thing, there have been plenty of other people who have done it. There are also a massive number of people in the world who are in worse situations then her, but they don't kill themselves. I have 0 respect for her, and 0 grief for her taking her own life. I empathize and sympathize with her family and friends, but I do not sympathize for her at all.
    It's not that hard to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start a new day with positivity.
    I've had my fair share of troubles, some of which I've shared with you. Yeah, I thought, it'd be easier if I just ended it all here. But there is no way in hell I would do that. I couldn't do it to my family or friends. And I will quote the tattoo that I am currently saving up for.
    "Either run from the past, or learn from it" - Rafiki from The Lion King.
    She tried running, but never tried learning.

edit: That girl who was like "none of the boys in 7th or 8th grade would date me cos of my body" what a fucking shallow bitch.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Jon.
    I actually researched this, and there was a youtube message sent to someone from a person who knew her. Apparently she marginalized herself from everyone at school, if anyone tried talking to her, she'd tell them to fuck off. It wasn't a group of people beating her up, it was one girl, with two of her friends watching.
    I think she is fucking stupid. Suicide is selfish. And the fact she got more attention then Felix Baumgartner is absurd.
    She wasn't the first person to do this card thing, there have been plenty of other people who have done it. There are also a massive number of people in the world who are in worse situations then her, but they don't kill themselves. I have 0 respect for her, and 0 grief for her taking her own life. I empathize and sympathize with her family and friends, but I do not sympathize for her at all.
    It's not that hard to pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start a new day with positivity.
    I've had my fair share of troubles, some of which I've shared with you. Yeah, I thought, it'd be easier if I just ended it all here. But there is no way in hell I would do that. I couldn't do it to my family or friends. And I will quote the tattoo that I am currently saving up for.
    "Either run from the past, or learn from it" - Rafiki from The Lion King.
    She tried running, but never tried learning.

edit: That girl who was like "none of the boys in 7th or 8th grade would date me cos of my body" what a fucking shallow bitch.
    I think the main thing is the fact that she showed her fucking tits to some creep over the internet. Yet, everyone's like "OMG I'M SO SAD."

While suicide is always a depressing topic, someone like her would bring little to the world.
    LoL Username: Mmmmooooooooo

I really can't take this serious.
    She ran away from her problems. She didn't learn out of her mistakes. Sure its not easy but who told you life is? She is not the only one who has problems.

Death would never be a solution for her problem. She just made it worse. I say people won't get less bullied just because one girl died. I think it will even increase. There always will be problems on this world.
    The people who believe in theirselves will make their way through this life and because of that they will have friends who look up to them.
    |Forum Rules||My Thread|

if you guys need any help or advices add me.

Can someone explain to me the logic from being depressive to cutting yourself? I just don't get why people who are hurt think cutting yourself is in any way a solution. Just seems silly.
    Also:
    [spoiler:29hdw8zp][/spoiler:29hdw8zp]

Slide

[loh-key-shuhn] n; a place of settlement, activity, or residence

I do not agree with posting your life all over the internet, and I don't believe in these movements focusing on a single person's death. I think they're quite silly to be honest. This one is actually a bit silly to be perfectly honest. I think she made some really stupid decisions and honestly overreacted on a lot of accounts. From the sounds of things I don't like people like her, and like Jon agree that she probably brought relatively little to the world.

That being said, she's dead. She committed suicide and that is something I feel very, VERY strongly about. It is always sad, I don't care who you are. The amount of despair she must have felt makes me very sad indeed. Someday I'd like to start a campaign against suicide. It probably won't make a difference but I refuse to just sit back and watch this happen.

@Daniel: I think if you ask different people, you will get different answers. There really isn't a whole lot of logic behind it, truly. Some people do it because suddenly they feel nothing. All emotions have disappeared, especially that of feeling loved or whatever. They feel numb, and they hate being numb. So they do it in a desparate attempt to feel SOMEthing. I personally do it because I feel like I need to be punished for being what I am. I also do it simply because I get frustrated or upset and I can't figure out what to do with myself, so I just do this. I take it out on myself. Also, I do it when I am in pain. Have you ever heard of someone saying to someone who's sick, "I'll punch you in the stomach so your head doesn't hurt anymore," or something along those lines? That's also the idea. It's a distraction. Physical pain is easier to deal with than emotional pain, so I replace one with the other. That's just my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by DaniŽl
    [b][color=#800080]Can someone explain to me the logic from being depressive to cutting yourself? I just don't get why people who are hurt think cutting yourself is in any way a solution. Just seems silly.
    It releases a chemical from your body which causes depression, by doing this it make people feel better. Why they start, I don't know. Why they continue though, is because of what i mentioned.

Pingu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast