Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mobile Phones

Mobile Phones

Some crazy cool phones have come out over the past year. What are you guys using? Anyone recently upgraded?

I recently picked up a Nexus 4, such an awesome phone. Having been an iPhone user for the best part of 3 years, switching over to android has blown my mind.

In love with the customisation possibilities, with just two or three apps.

Re: Mobile Phones

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    Some crazy cool phones have come out over the past year. What are you guys using? Anyone recently upgraded?

I recently picked up a Nexus 4, such an awesome phone. Having been an iPhone user for the best part of 3 years, switching over to android has blown my mind.

My upgrades due and I've had my eyes set on an iPhone, really growing tired of the lack of HDD capacity on my HTC Desire, are the current gen Androids OP as fuck or something?
    [center:1dyohg2y]I miss everyone. [/center:1dyohg2y]

Devoted Veteran

I've recently upgraded from an extremely old Nokia to a kind of newer Samsung flip-phone (thanks Lyndsey). I've got an iPhone 3 (thanks again, Lyndsey), but can't use it as a mobile. I just store music and some games on it for now.

@ Above, my brother paid $600 for a Droid RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by Pistol
    Quote Originally Posted by Skype

My upgrades due and I've had my eyes set on an iPhone, really growing tired of the lack of HDD capacity on my HTC Desire, are the current gen Androids OP as fuck or something?
    I'd just upgrade to a newer android phone . iPhones are simple and easy to use but in the fact they're so tight with their operating system really irked my experience with it; especially seeing what you can do with android. It's just more pc-like in terms of how you interact with things and the amount of choices you get to make.

[tn=150:1in6nmxk]http://blog.phoneslimited.co.uk/files/2012/10/Google-Nexus-4-Deals.jpg[/tn:1in6nmxk]

They're also usually gorgeous.

The Little Frij

I got a new phone for Christmas off of my parents. It's a Sony Xperia TL http://i.i.com.com/cnwk.1d/i/tim/2012/1 ... 20x433.jpg

Much better than my old Sony Ericson piece of shit.

I want to get the Nokia Windows 8 phone, but I'm kind of hesitant because of the Google vs Microsoft thing going on. Basically YouTube and Google Maps aren't on the phones.

I currently have a Sony Ericsson Xperia Play, can't wait to get rid of it. Barely responds to touch commands and is slow as, and overall pretty heavy.
    R.I.P Grace - 18 November 1997 - 14 March 2011

|PM Me |My Thread |Request a Move Up |Report a Rulebreaker |The Rules |

I just upgraded my phone about 6 months ago to a Droid 4. It's bulkier than some of the other models I was looking at due to the slide out keyboard, but I just can't type using a touch screen interface. I like having a keyboard to type with.

v The Thread v

I have a Samsung Galaxy S2. I find it better than the iPhone, which my friend has. I mean, both are cool, but I'd rather stick with my S2. I never really felt the need for buying the S3 since I don't really do anything above making calls, texting, going on the internet and listening to music, which pretty much any modern cellphone covers. I have very few games, and Doodle Jump is the only thing I play, and I do that mostly when shitting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante
    I have a Samsung Galaxy S2. I find it better than the iPhone, which my friend has. I mean, both are cool, but I'd rather stick with my S2. I never really felt the need for buying the S3 since I don't really do anything above making calls, texting, going on the internet and listening to music, which pretty much any modern cellphone covers. I have very few games, and Doodle Jump is the only thing I play, and I do that mostly when shitting.
    I've heard nothing but praise from friends of mine about the Galaxy S2 and I was half tempted to buy one when I got onto my own plan; however, what drew me away from it was how pretentious Samsung tries to be when they take to marketing their product on television. It's what ultimately made me want to pick up an iPhone 4S since they were the same price.

I've been an iPhone user for the last couple of years, I don't know what it is but I like the feel of iOS as opposed to the Android OS. Sure, I have to wait long times for jailbreak methods to get full customization of my phone; however, my main issue is that the OS doesn't feel as bogged down and sluggish. I don't know if it was just the phone that I used when I tried Android, but it felt slow at times and certain applications like Messenger were prone to crashing more than I expected after only 200 texts. Granted, it was a Pantech Burst which is a budget phone but has that been a prevalent issue with other Android phones? That aside, I'm currently using an iPhone 4S until my next upgrade.
    YouTube Channel | Community Channel
    Steam: chaotic50
    PSN: iFadeDx

Feel free to add me, just let me know who you are.

Veteran Enthusiast

I've had the Samsung Galaxy original for 2 years now. Upgrading to an iPhone 5.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast