Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    Slide

[loh-key-shuhn] n; a place of settlement, activity, or residence

CALLING ON EVERYONE

I didn't really know where to post this, but I decided here would be best so everyone would see it. I thought about requests but that's pivot requests so... Yeah whatever.

I have posted previously that I am in the process of making an independent film. My script has just been finished, and I'm ready to start filming. I have most of the supplies I need and I have drained my bank account to fund this project. However, any help would be much appreciated. Mainly, I need:

-A few writing-inclined members/movie buffs to read my script an give me feedback. I have received pretty positive feedback so far from people I know, but it certainly isn't perfect and I'd like to hear any and all suggestions. I have poured my life into this script but even so I want complete honesty. If you hate it, tell me and explain why. If you think my ideas are horrible and I need to scrap the whole project and start over, I'll do so.

-Any musically-inclined people to make me some songs. As I don't have the funds to purchase the rights to any "professional" songs, most of the music will have to be original. I'll make whatever I can but I'd like other music as well. I will need mostly sad songs and hopeful songs. I'd prefer if you could write music on real-world instruments as electronic doesn't really fit with the tone, but beggars can't be choosers and I'll take anything I can get. If you do make music using real instruments, I'll either play them and record them myself or emulate them using the computer, unless you have professional-grade recording equipment at your home to record with.

-Anyone who has experience with making films in the past and might have some knowledge of makeup or blood effects. I must say I am totally lost in those areas.

-Anyone who might, by chance, be decent at using AfterEffects or a similar program to make special effects. I'm not very good with the program and I didn't plan to have many effects, if any, in the film but it would be nice to have that resource.

Thank you for your time!

I would love to read over your script and give you some feedback on that. I'm afraid I'm not much help in the other departments, though. How long are you planning on making your film?
    v The Thread v

Slide

Approximately 80 minutes. I will PM you the script tomorrow. Thanks.

I read quite a few scripts before and I'm a pretty huge movie fanatic, I wouldn't mind reading yours.

Slide

Alright, thanks guys. I've sent you the screenplay.