Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Overcoming fears

Overcoming fears

So yeah, been free running a bit again and I've gotten a bit of a fear of heights now. I'm just staring it down and if it's not too high just jumping half-heartedly so I'm sure I won't break shit when jumping something. Then at some point I just tell myself fuck it and go for it like I'm living the yolo life cringe cringe

So yeah, when you're facing something you fear, how do you overcome it? Not just talking about heights, just anything you're afraid of. Do you just face it straight up and put on a diaper to safely shit yourself or do you have something that actually helps you? Share shit guys!

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

Banned
    I'd just do it and take the hit, the fear of it wont get any smaller. you could do it regurally and get more confident and used for it.

DD addict
    I have the fear of heights, as well. And many other phobias. And lemme tell you, I can't fakin' face 'em most of the times. altough, I sometimes ignore them like they do not exist from the 1st place.

Quote Originally Posted by sifterpivoter View Post
    I have the fear of heights, as well. And many other phobias. And lemme tell you, I can't fakin' face 'em most of the times. altough, I sometimes ignore them like they do not exist from the 1st place.
    That's pretty impressive, just ignoring fear completely.

@MCToast: Well yeah, just trying it and once it worked keeping it up is the best method I know as well, but when there's huge gaps underneath jumps it's hard to overcome the fear, even if I would be able to do it realistically.

Uh, hi. I do stuff.

I'm afraid to the spiders

Quote Originally Posted by FenixEarth View Post
    I'm afraid to the spiders
    I am also afraid of the spiders. I don't know how I'm supposed to overcome this fear, though recently I squashed a spider with my bare hand, cause I fucking hate spiders and they all deserve to die.
    Extra likes this.

___
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashed
    tl;dr: The forum is dying, so is pivot

oxymoron

Good on you mate, I can't even touch them. ^

I used to be scared to talk to large groups of people (i.e. presentations, meetings).
    I just cleared my head by breathing in and out very slowly beforehand, which worked well for me.

DD addict
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRavenHouse View Post
    I am also afraid of the spiders. I don't know how I'm supposed to overcome this fear, though recently I squashed a spider with my bare hand, cause I fucking hate spiders and they all deserve to die.
    lol, just squish the fukouta them with your feet, no big deal. I remember when I squished a spider and I couldn't spot its trail. It's like it vanished before I killed it.
    You haven't seen a cockroach face to face and landed on you, yet.

Banned
    I just go. Don't wait, or I won't be able to do it. Take your mind off of it.

Banned
    Just close your eyes and pretend you fuck it in the ass, it'll never be scary again.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast