Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Update on SvR

Veteran Enthusiast

Update on SvR

I apologize for any perceived lack of attention that this competition has gotten lately. The truth is that I've been busy lately with college transferring and personal issues so I've literally had no time to finish this off.
    The voting was supposed to take place last week but since I still haven't received all the entries (Sigh*) I thought it would be better to wait. Since it's obvious they won't get finished in time, Sharpshooter and I were supposed to hold the votings a few days ago, but with him constantly at work and everything it's been kind of difficult to actually do.

The prizes might also take a turning point for the worse as a lot of the money donators cannot contribute or are inactive currently, so that coupled with the fact about shipping costs DA would have to do, it seems way too time-consuming to actually organise it as a whole. Although things may change, so atm I'm not sure if the prizes will come or not,

The voting will take place sometime this week (Serious this time), and winners will be announced very very soon. I know you've all had to bare 6 months of this, but just bare with me a little more Patience is a virtue and when it's actually released, it will be worth all the wait. This competition has some of the best animations DD has ever made.

Cheers lads.
    Gary and H bomb like this.

Big Boss

I have complete faith in you Lithium. Just take your time and everything will turn out alright.

God fucking dammit, Lithium. When will you start getting your priorities straight!? Don't you realize that Pivot competitions are way more important than college or any other lame excuse you're using?
    Raymond, Gary, Jojishi and 4 others like this.

Banned
    It's been 6 months? Wow. Anyways, take your time man. College is more important than pivot.

Banned
    Take your time man. Thanks for letting us know what's going on. We all appreciate it a lot.

If you need anyone to donate money for the prizes I'd be willing to help out.

guys?

Flume

Lush @09:37 AM - hows svr voting going?
    Lithium @09:41 AM - and lush i acrtually still ahvent got around to that because I need sharp to start it up since he has the working files for the animations, and its his voting system, but his never on for more then 2 minutes because his a busy bunny :/

Real life takes precedence, just gotta be a bit patient - I'm sure the voting will be done soon enough.

Veteran Enthusiast
    A few staff have enlightened me to update this thread with the truth.

Copy and pasted from Staff chat.
    A big part of SvR is dependant on DA and Stickid (Both of which are inactive). I've sent stickid most of the entries, and he has said he has started a lot of the flashing already.
    DA on the other hand, was organizing the prizes. My intentional plan was to release the winners + prizes + flashed version at the same time. Take this in mind and duplicate with the fact I still haven't got one of the hugest joint entries (Apparently).

The only alternative would be for me to Flash SvR, fuck the prizes all together, don't include all the entries and make it not as good as it could be. Indeed I have thought about this option, but Stickid was so keen on flashing it and has told me he's definitely going to release it, so theres problems.
    Terribly sorry about the wait guys. If any of you suggest an alternative way to get it in faster then be my guest.

Hey, it's okay. Thank you for being honest and take your time. We like seeing finished products that are properly prepared.

*You must be prepared for harsh critique. What I offer is in sight on what you should of done and you may get a offended, but you must understand if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen of art.

Banned
    I'm completely okay with the wait. It's better than it being incomplete.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast