Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Inside your animashunz having fun with Mr. default :D

Lots of Questions! Just learned coding!

Okay, I recently learned HTML and a bit of CSS. And a few weeks ago I got Microsoft Frontpage 2003. What my goal is to make a site for my forum. It is a free forum that cannot be updated to premium, instead of buying a domain for the forum cause it is a second lvl domain, I want to make a site and then iFrame the forum on to it. I would also like 2 extra web pages to go with it. So the first page would be the home page with news and stuff. Other 2 pages would be about some stuff. And the last page is where i frame the forum. Now I don't want to use a free site hosting. I would like to buy a domain and a server for it. The main problem is that I'm only 15 yrs old, without a job and don't get much allowance. I would like a place where I can host the site for lowest money possible. I'm in the middle of making the website right now using Frontpage. To pay, I don't have a paypal yet but i'll probably getting one. I'm completely new at this, I need some expert suggestions/advice/tips/what should i do!

Edit: The only way i'll be able to keep the site up is with ads. I would like to put enough ads to pay for at least half of the bill keeping the site up. Can you suggest some ads too? Some of those automatic sound adds?

I would also like the average cost of that. Thank you for reading all of it.

Dedicated Member

Re: Lots of Questions! Just learned coding!

If you're just starting out, you shouldn't be buying stuff right away.

Take time to get used to the code you're learning, make sure you have the stuff down pat before you buy anything. The stuff you want to do can be done easily, just study HTML more.

Since you just learned coding, I'd suggest getting a FREE host. Byethost has a good free plan, try it.
    Oh lawd.

www.byethost.com

Seriously all you will ever need, excellent free plan, even better paid plan (for about $2 a month) and their support is quick and officiant.

As for ads, you only get paid for the ones that get clicked, so I doubt there is any point in putting them on your site.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    As for ads, you only get paid for the ones that get clicked, so I doubt there is any point in putting them on your site.
    Okay then i'll use Bytehost. And there are ads that you can put on the your site PPC's or something like that where when a person enters the site, it plays a little clip, the person does not have to click/register anything and can continue browsing without any pop ups or advertisements blocking. Even if the person has it's sound down, the computer still plays it on the sound card and the owner of the site gets money for each person hearing the short clip. They don't have to click ANYTHING. I might use that, it's best for the person visiting the site and owning this site. Also will bytehost provide 1st class domains?

Veteran Enthusiast

106 is fumpin', pumpin' up in this hoe, for sho, my bro

Why would you pester the viewers with ads on a free host? That is just annoying, and I know that I would never visit the site.
    [center:3mdlh4lx]Fuck you. Cunt.[/center:3mdlh4lx]

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeo
    Why would you pester the viewers with ads on a free host? That is just annoying, and I know that I would never visit the site.
    Actually, they are less annoying then those other ads. There is nothing to view, loads faster, no images, No pop ups. It's only a short clip that runs for 3 seconds. But now i'm going for free hosting so I won't need any of those ads.

Edit: I might use the premium hosting on bytehost. Cause my forum is already full of active members and the site will be a big thing to them. So if i was making a little site, i would use free hosting. Has anyone tried the premium hosting, how is it? I checked here and I might use the premium standard hosting.

How about you don't advertise? Seriously, stupid idea if your site doesn't get any traffic in the first place.

fact: DD was ad free until after 1 and a half years.

Also, I prefer google ads, much more efficient and doesn't kill the eyes. Or in your case, ears. The last thing I want to hear is, "BWINGDEPBAPDOOPLEDLING get crazy frog ring tones on your cellphone!" or some gay shit.

Top advice: Don't buy shit that's going to die quicker than you expect.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Johnneh
    How about you don't advertise? Seriously, stupid idea if your site doesn't get any traffic in the first place.
    Yeah, my site WILL get traffic. And i'm 100% sure it will.Like i said above, my forum already has over 450 active members. And they will really go on it and i'm sure Adam is much richer than me. I am much younger and have no jobs. But i'll take your advice and use minimum ads.

Veteran Enthusiast

106 is fumpin', pumpin' up in this hoe, for sho, my bro

Quote Originally Posted by _An~Alien_
    Yeah, my site WILL get traffic. And i'm 100% sure it will.Like i said above, my forum already has over 450 active members. And they will really go on it and i'm sure Adam is much richer than me. I am much younger and have no jobs. But i'll take your advice and use minimum ads.
    I demand a link.
    And, I bet it won't get traffic.
    [center:3mdlh4lx]Fuck you. Cunt.[/center:3mdlh4lx]

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Mackeo
    Quote Originally Posted by _An~Alien_
    I demand a link.
    And, I bet it won't get traffic.
    k, I PMed you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast