Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Earth Template

Earth Template

I figured I could post this here. Worked quite hard on it.

Went for an earth-y style.

Sorry no preview (Gay byethost)

Click To Download

CSS and XHTML validated. C&C where possible. Thanks people.

Re: Earth Template

It's a broken link, though I'm really intrigued to see what you've done with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yadda
    It's a broken link, though I'm really intrigued to see what you've done with this.
    Sorry about that, fixed*

Enthusiast

Its really smotth and nice. I like the background.
    [center:2ki2oi3b]Made a thread in VIP, 12 minutes later. Locked[/center:2ki2oi3b][center:2ki2oi3b]People call me wanker, you should too.[/center:2ki2oi3b]

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Donut
    Its really smotth and nice. I like the background.
    Thanks, I spent the most time on it hehe, trying to get that grass to loop was a r8 asshole.

In my honest opinion, it's ugly. Bad color scheme, plus your space image kinda sucks. I would've gone for a more abstract image. The logo/banner doesn't match the rest of the design, and the font used is rather unappealing.

As for the code, the css is somewhat...messy. Instead of having this background-color, background-image and background-repeat crap, it would be cleaner to put something like-
    Code:
    background: #000 url(images/back.png) repeat-x;
    The entire template is also somewhat unusable due to the lack of css. You never specified unordered or ordered lists in the css, not to mention h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, and h6 tags.

There is no reset in the css either. While it's not completely necessary, I would strongly reccomend it. Something as simple as removing the margin and padding from all elements would do.

If you then added styled some common tags such as blockquote, img, ect... you would have yourself a better, but still rather basic template.
    [center:5vxp2rwi][/center:5vxp2rwi]

See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time.
    -Robin Williams
    The VIP Store | Net-Cake (Coming Soon)

Quote Originally Posted by ViciousDuck
    In my honest opinion, it's ugly. Bad color scheme, plus your space image kinda sucks. I would've gone for a more abstract image. The logo/banner doesn't match the rest of the design, and the font used is rather unappealing.

As for the code, the css is somewhat...messy. Instead of having this background-color, background-image and background-repeat crap, it would be cleaner to put something like-
    Code:
    background: #000 url(images/back.png) repeat-x;
    The entire template is also somewhat unusable due to the lack of css. You never specified unordered or ordered lists in the css, not to mention h1, h2, h3, h4, h5, and h6 tags.

There is no reset in the css either. While it's not completely necessary, I would strongly reccomend it. Something as simple as removing the margin and padding from all elements would do.

If you then added styled some common tags such as blockquote, img, ect... you would have yourself a better, but still rather basic template.
    Ahh ok.

First post that's been helpful, thanks VD, I'll bare this in mind.

Although I experimented with <h1> tags, using them for some reason fucked up the rest of the padding for the text. Oh well, trial and error.
    Again, thanks.