Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

ViciousDuck.org Version 4.0

Almost forgot. Now that that bullshit about me ripping is over, I can go advertise the shit out of my new site. Yes that's right. For those of you who care (basically only Skype, and he already knows :c) VD V4 was released the other day. As you can see it's a step up from the design of V3, which was incredibly bland, boring, and badly coded.

http://viciousduck.org

I'm pretty proud of how the design turned out. This was one of many PSDs just sitting around on my computer waiting to be coded. I just looked at it one day and thought it would look cool on my site. And boom, I coded it.

Which leads me to the part I'm even more happy about. My code is practically perfect. It is XHTML 1.0 Strict. Not to mention, it is completely cross-browser compatible (except IE6, never fixed the transparent png issue). So I'm hoping to get off my lazy ass and start posting again.

http://viciousduck.org

Anyway, tell me what you guys think...and if, god forbid, you find any glitches, please tell me.

Comments and criticism are welcome
    [center:5vxp2rwi][/center:5vxp2rwi]

See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time.
    -Robin Williams
    The VIP Store | Net-Cake (Coming Soon)

Veteran Enthusiast LeadingManNigel's Avatar

Re: ViciousDuck.org Version 4.0

I love the colors and background, however the header/banner/title or whatever you call feels out of place, it sticks out which is good to catch someones eye.. One of my only true complaint is the highlighted text boxes they just seem out of place with the site in general.

I like it, but it's a little boring. It feels... simple. I mean really if you removed the background it'd be just 3 columns.

It looks nice though, which I guess is the best thing, and I love the jQuery slider <3.

I'm not a great fan of it, for me I prefer more structure to my layouts. As for the code point of view I've noticed you're inconsistant with your quotes, one minute your using ", and the next '.

Just because code can validate doesn't mean it's a "perfect" bit of code. It can normally be better / cleaner / faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam
    I'm not a great fan of it, for me I prefer more structure to my layouts. As for the code point of view I've noticed you're inconsistant with your quotes, one minute your using ", and the next '.

Just because code can validate doesn't mean it's a "perfect" bit of code. It can normally be better / cleaner / faster.
    Well, I always use ". Unfortunately Wordpress uses ' and I honestly don't know how to change that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    I like it, but it's a little boring. It feels... simple. I mean really if you removed the background it'd be just 3 columns.

It looks nice though, which I guess is the best thing, and I love the jQuery slider <3.
    That's why I don't plan on removing the background....
    [center:5vxp2rwi][/center:5vxp2rwi]

See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time.
    -Robin Williams
    The VIP Store | Net-Cake (Coming Soon)