Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: FTP

Re: FTP

I've been using Filezilla forever and it's perfect imo.

I've only used one other one before, I wanna say Smart FTP but I'm not sure if that's the name. Anyway, Filezilla = perfect.

FTP clients have nothing to do with luck.
    What are your problems exactly? I'm sure it's a server issue more than an issue with Filezila, and I doubt it's singling out 1 filetype, it probably just seems that way to you.

I used to have issues with Filezilla too, such as it disconnecting in the middle of an upload, that's just the nature of web development, you run into problems. Anyway, if you could be more specific with what problems you're having, I'm sure someone could help you.
    [center:5vxp2rwi][/center:5vxp2rwi]

See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time.
    -Robin Williams
    The VIP Store | Net-Cake (Coming Soon)

Well I bought my web hosting for my old web site from http://www.namecheap.com same as the domain I know it was stupid buying it from a domain hoster but the FTP and the rest of the database was simple and easy to use.

Veteran Enthusiast

106 is fumpin', pumpin' up in this hoe, for sho, my bro

Quote Originally Posted by Rem
    Recommendations and why?
    That seems to work as the purpose of this thread. I wanted opinions on reliable FTP clients. >_>

The problem I am talking about is when I was to link a stylesheet to a certain page and none of the properties would display. I then though it needed time, which I gave it. I then checked every last bit of code and even uploaded an entire page that I had not modified that worked fine and the same problem happened, but not through other FTP clients. I wanted to use Filezilla because I liked it's interface more than others.

I don't care about this problem because it ended up just sorting itself out.
    Clear your cache/cookies, and try again. Or do what I do, open the .css file in the browser, then refresh to page it is linked to. Bravo.
    It is nothing to do with the FTP, that is your browser, keeping it in your cache so every page opens a bit quicker.
    [center:3mdlh4lx]Fuck you. Cunt.[/center:3mdlh4lx]

FlashFXP is my favourite. It's basically Filezilla + better server management. IE, it's got a nicer interface for adding/managing servers.

It's like $20.

If you want anything good you need to pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Severe
    No shit, but if you want a good FTP you would probably want to pay for it.
    Um no, not at all. An FTP client is an FTP client whether you pay for it or not. They all upload files via FTP.

And since Filezilla is one of the most popular Windows FTP clients, I'd say it qualifies as "good".
    [center:5vxp2rwi][/center:5vxp2rwi]

See, the problem is that God gives men a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to run one at a time.
    -Robin Williams
    The VIP Store | Net-Cake (Coming Soon)

Veteran Enthusiast

I use WinSCP, I never encountered problems using it. It's nice and simple, not fancy but works well, at least for me.