Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register
    de8

Pivot Code Sources (not what you would think)

Ok to day i saw that someone made a program called pivot x its pretty suckinsh and the same as pivot3 but he called it pivot 4
    i wanted to make my own pivot and Peter Bone said
    ''More than it would cost for you to pay another programmer to develop a similar program from scratch (Pivot isn't complex). In other words, this won't happen.''
    so i decided to make my own pivot like program but i encountered some problems
    i dont know if ill be able to make the files from there pivot compatible :L witch is a huge bummer because all the things i was going to add to pivot were to help with animations
    Basically in so many words i either need to get the pivot file sorce codes or spend my life on this so if anyone can then i would appreciate it if alot of programmers try and help cause this is proving to be a real pain in my spleen

i haven't worked on appearances much because i can make the icon later if it works

Re: Pivot Code Sources (not what you would think)

Option 2: Spend your life on it, Peter has never given out the code and the chances are that he won't, ever.

Your only bet is to ask stykzman, he managed to make pivot stick figures compatible with the program he's developing "Stykz" you could ask him how he did it, and pray.

Wow you've dragged some components on a form. It's highly unlikely you'll find help here.

de8

LOL i kinda figured but ill talk to the stkz guy hopefully i can get somewhere with him

Quote Originally Posted by de8
    LOL i kinda figured but ill talk to the stkz guy hopefully i can get somewhere with him
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but I can't help you... although Peter did give me the portion of the Pivot code relating to parsing the .stk file format, he made me promise to not give the code to anyone else.

That leaves you with two options:

1) Talk to Peter, and see if he'll give it to you too, or
    2) Talk to Sjimen Mulder... he's working on a stick figure tool for Macs only called Dimp Animator, and his app imports Piv 2 .stk files as well, so he must have figured it out or gotten help from Peter as well.

Sorry,

You could just get a program that costs a lot of money to rip the code from pivot, and find what source code it is, and what program(s) can view and change the code.

Anyway, De8, if you manage to get the source code for this, I will be more than willing to help you with this project.

Quote Originally Posted by I)eath2u4me
    You could just get a program that costs a lot of money to rip the code from pivot, and find what source code it is, and what program(s) can view and change the code.

Anyway, De8, if you manage to get the source code for this, I will be more than willing to help you with this project.
    Please watch the post dates.