Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

Thread: Quick Question

Old Newbie

Quick Question

Well basically I looked into Programming/Scripting a while back, HTML / CSS / JavaScript. Next year I'll be applying for Uni and I've been looking at courses and was thinking of something along the liens of Computer Games Programming or Computer Sciences,

As far as I know Java is what basic games are coded in, (Excluding the ones that use all the editors like UDK, DarkBasic, etc).

Just wondering what PHP's main purpose is, I assumed it was Servers but looking around it seems a lot more in depth than that, so anyone fancy giving me a quick run-down of what PHP's main use is.

Thanks in Advance
    - Mikey <3

Re: Quick Question

PHP's main use is web software and database communication. Wordpress uses PHP. Forum software uses PHP. Content management systems use PHP.

I don't really know how to explain it really, Adam will give you a better answer if he replies.

Old Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    PHP's main use is web software and database communication. Wordpress uses PHP. Forum software uses PHP. Content management systems use PHP.

I don't really know how to explain it really, Adam will give you a better answer if he replies.
    Thanks for replying anywho, I'll use my old friend google when I get some time later on

I'll lock this then.