Hello and welcome to our community! Is this your first visit?
Register

B-Side Productions

http://www.bside-productions.com/

My new site, a blog about Web dev/design, WordPress, WordPress themes for download, etc. Check it out.

Also, I need writers who are willing to write quality posts on Web dev/design, wordpress, graphic design, and related subjects. If you are interested, please drop me a PM or reply to this thread.
    Mo-fuggah

Re: B-Side Productions

Looks like a less professional rip off of jynx's site. Especially the way you've set up the downloads section. On my iPod right now and the design looks a bit sucky, I'll take a look when I'm on my desktop.

Quote Originally Posted by Skype
    Looks like a less professional rip off of jynx's site. Especially the way you've set up the downloads section. On my iPod right now and the design looks a bit sucky, I'll take a look when I'm on my desktop.
    I can understand that, but there are a lot of sites out there like this. I'll admit, the downloads section was inspired by Ralph, but I'm changing it now as we speak. I just needed something up while I was out.
    Mo-fuggah

I'll provide some cc.

Because your offering a service, custom themes and coding etc my feedback is based around what your offering.

If you offering a service you really want to ensure your own code / site is on form first. Some people looking to have their design coded will judge you based on how you've structured your own site.

Firstly your site doesn't validate on either XHTML or CSS.

Using the star selector really is a bad idea. Least these days. (DD does use this but intended use is for IE6 which we don't support, I need to remove it)

Your basically saying for every element on the page set these attributes. Which in turn slows down the page. From a professional point of view does it look good to have a folder called HEY! .. probably not.

The next problem. IE 6 transparency fix is slow, very slow. Open a page in any IE browser... see all the loading elements? the pages load very slowly, it often prevents caching too. Because it's applying the fixes over all browsers. Use conditional comments if you must and set it to IE6 only. You're only slowing down rendering times for everyone else.

Look at your design I'm certain you can get away with this anyway..

Code:
    <style type="text/css">
    * { behavior: url(http://www.bside-productions.com/wp-content/themes/HEY!/iepngfix.htc) }
    </style>
    Your using the google CDN which is great, but is there any reason you're not using the minified version?

Code:
    <script src="http://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1/jquery.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    This script looks clunky you're including jQuery so why not use it? you can have the same effect with much less code.

Code:
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.bside-productions.com/wp-content/themes/HEY!/js/smoothscroll.js"></script>
    Your mainly using short hand CSS which is good .

Just keep at it, it's a good start.

if it's a site for selling wordpress themes then I advise that you make the theme you use a lot more interesting

the one you've currently got is nice and all but I don't look at it and think: wow this guy really knows what he's doing

maybe try something a little flashier and more appealing, it probably doesn't matter if it's not even that well made as 90% of the people on the internet don't seem to have any taste anyway
    [center:1hzoraxf][/center:1hzoraxf]

Adam, I don't even know why the folder is named that, probably for lack of a better name at the moment, I'll change it now.

Also, thanks Adam and Lawn Feed, the criticism was very helpful, I'll start working on your suggestions now.
    Mo-fuggah

Btw the nav and footerbar look stupid on bigger monitors, they align outside of the main content. Just make sure they fit inside.